Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

automatic ecu question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic ecu question

ok i was pricing ecu for h22 auto swap
    i was look for a p28/or covert p06 with iabs

and i ask someone and they told me this-

The thing is you have an automatic. Preludes with an automatic have a separate computer (TCU) for the tranny. P06's and P28's don't use TCU's. Automatic P75's use TCU's so what you need is a chipped and converted
    automatic P75 to p72.

never heard this before anybody know?? i hear peolpe just using the p28 and no problems with the tcu.
    FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
    My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Sound's like you talked to Bird333.

You don't need to do any conversions of any sort.

Get a chipped p28. Auto or manual, it doesnt matter.

The trick is tho, you have to use certain versions of uberdata for it to work. I know uberdata 1.66 works and I think it's uberdata 1.7-repack 2.2.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

only uber work for autos? crome doesn't?
      i got both uber versions
      thanks

oh i don't know who it was sum gsr guy on ebay
      FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
      My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

I have not tried crome on an auto prelude/accord yet. I can only speak for my experiences.

Comment

No he didn't talk to me. I assume you got a 4th gen Accord, maybe it will work with out issues on a 4th gen, but on a 5th gen you will have a flashing D4 light. In addition, it appears based on d112crzy's post, if it does work you will be stuck using uberdata which doesn't seem to be supported anymore forever. Good luck and post your results.
          Last edited by Bird333; 05-04-2007, 06:08 PM.

Comment

damn it.

on PGMFI it says you have to use a P75 and crome.

what the hell ?

If I can manually shift the damn car Ill go ahead and do this.

10thcb7<-- very upset

Comment

Don't listen to anyone but me. I have done my tests on cb7's and what I say goes.

automatic p06/p28 with uberdata 1.66 or 1.7 DOES work with automatic cb7's.

It's a different ballgame with auto civics/tegs and any other type of prelude/accord.

ask 90cb7sleeper. I recently chipped an automatic p06 for him and loaded one of my uberdata 1.7 maps for him. works perfect for him so far.

Comment

I would like to add that I am not using the CB7 TCU

Comment

why not? Then you have yourself a dilemma.

I guess you can be a guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                    I would like to add that I am not using the CB7 TCU
                    what ARE you using?

i did see someone in this forum saying they were running an h22 tcu... never was able to find what benefit did he get from that though

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                    My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by d112crzy
                    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                    All I gotta really say is:
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeeey420
                      ok i was pricing ecu for h22 auto swap
                      i was look for a p28/or covert p06 with iabs

and i ask someone and they told me this-

The thing is you have an automatic. Preludes with an automatic have a separate computer (TCU) for the tranny. P06's and P28's don't use TCU's. Automatic P75's use TCU's so what you need is a chipped and converted
                      automatic P75 to p72.

never heard this before anybody know?? i hear peolpe just using the p28 and no problems with the tcu.
                      ARe you planing to force Induction? ARe you planing to built high compression NA engine? If you are just doing an H22 Swap and keeping it NA with bolt on then the JDM P13 spoon v2 chip is good enough for you. basic bolt on I/E/H will only net 6-10wHP the most anyway. I have not experience this , but I would think with with a chiped P28 or any 5 speed ECU, as long as you have an TCU your uato tranny will auto shift just fine. If you are worry about the TCU, it control the auto tranny not the ECU so keep your F22a TCU or look for an JDM H22A TCU, even without the TCU you can manually upsift and down shift the auto tranny. Oh and the only diff an H22A TCU and F22A TCU is the shift point and the max rpm when the auto tranny will auto shift at. 6000rpm for the F22A vs 7000rpm for H22A. with either TCU you can manullay shift and hold the gear for much higer rpm then then the Auto will shift at.
                      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Im using a TCU off of a wreck CD5 its the only one in the junk i could find. Prior to that I had the P19 and it worked well its just that the D4 light kept blinking. I think although you could chip the manual ecu or use a different tcu what really matters is making it function like stock or like it wasnt modified.

Comment

when i get some time ill compare a tcu pin out from a 95 with a 93 pin out. sry cant stop for the 90-91's

Comment

Working...
                          X