Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

chipped p06 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chipped p06 problems

ok, so i was finally told that my ecu is done and ready to go, so i go pick it up and plug it in and for some reason the car won't start it'll crank all day but just won't start..... i plugged the stock ECU back on and it started right up, then for curiousity, i plugged the chipped p06 back on and took the jumper off(i know, i know) and started the car and it did start up right away (of course it ran like SHIT)

is there any difference when chipping an auto ecu that i don't know about or is it the same? i'm guessing it's one of the solder points (even though they all looked nice and clean) but not sure, i gave the ecu back to the guy that chipped it so he can look it over to make sure.

is there any major concerns i should let him know about to check over or anything(ANYTHING)?

please, i really need some guidance on this one....

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

What do you mean about the jumper? Also did the guy us uber 1.66-1.77 ? I dont think will work either Im basing my ideas off internet opinions however I do not have first hand experience. I will however (very soon before tha swap count this down fellas 1 1/2 months) use a auto P75 with the F22b1[?2?] TCU in the CB7 with complete instructions.

Comment

the jumper is a lil red terminal that when in place, makes the ecu run the new burnt map, and when taken off, ir runs as is it was a perfectly stock ecu.

the guy burnt the map made WITH uber 1.7.

My Ride thread
      Flickr
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

damn I wish i knew (visually) what that was. Hey maybe your tuner isnt using the correct bin ?

Comment

i personally handed him a usb drive that had nothing in it BUT the bin i wanted burnt though....

My Ride thread
          Flickr

Comment

does he have Uberdata? For uberdata bins, you HAVE to put the bin IN the uberdata directory.

It can either be a fucked up solder job, or a bad burn or both.

chipping an auto is the same as chipping a manual.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

details...... (sorry for dumbness )
              Last edited by prNonVtec4u; 06-10-2007, 12:08 PM.

My Ride thread
              Flickr

Comment

Details of what?

He should know wtf he's doing. If he doesn't get a new tuner.

Comment

oh i haven't talked to him, i'm sure he'll know, i was just trying to figure out for MY understanding, but it's cool, thnx

i'll see what's up and get back

My Ride thread
                  Flickr

Comment

damn man, we're STILL having problems man, does any1 mind explaining step by step how to burn a map with Uberdata? if not too much to ask for of course...

My Ride thread
                    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
                      damn man, we're STILL having problems man, does any1 mind explaining step by step how to burn a map with Uberdata? if not too much to ask for of course...

http://home.comcast.net/~keebler65/honda/tuning.html
                      this might help ?are you using burn1?
                      Last edited by smokeeey420; 06-12-2007, 10:16 PM.
                      FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                      My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

ok, so we got a chance to mess w/ the ECU today and STILL problems...

what we did was loaded an F22B1 vtec map onto the chip just to see if the car started up(proven to work), and it did(so we know it's not the soldering), but my "D" light flashes constantly and tranny won't shift correctly(stays in 2nd and sometimes goes straight to 4th)

d112crzy:
                        we tried the map you gave me last and the car only cranked but didn't start at all... and my "D" light was also flashing....

i'm sure it's an auto p06

any ideas?....

My Ride thread
                        Flickr

Comment

convert to manual.

What board type is the ecu? There are numbers on the top right of the ecu(with the plug side to the left).

It may just be that only a certain board type of auto ecu works with cb7 tcu's.

As for the bin I gave you, it must have gotten corrupt somehow or you're still doing something wrong cus that is a working bin.

Comment

there's two....one is:

02D011F0-1500

and the other is:

A8Y-E

as of the map, that's exactly what i was thinking also, unless it's got something to do with what version Uberdata i'm using(Uber 1.7)...

My Ride thread
                            Flickr

Comment

I only use 1.7 as well, except 1.66 for some stubborn people.

Open up the map in uber, and go to the Misc tab. Look under the fuel multipliers and if they're all some weird number, then its the wrong version of uberdata.

Usually when it's the wrong version, the numbers all turn to 200.

Even if it's the wrong version, you should have no problem burning it unless you did some editing to the map and saved it.

I've had the same problem with maps that Wikked has tried to send me.

The only thing I could figure out was to copy and paste all the values onto a new map and save that new map as something else and then burn.

I have a basemap for crome if you'd like. It's never been tested except for start up. It's also never been tested for auto ecu's for cb7's.

Comment

Working...
                              X