Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Stock tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock tuning

Is there any value from chipping/tuning a stock A6? Everyones talking about tuning turbos and nitrous and high comp NA's but I can only afford to run stock right now but would love more power. I'm having a hard time reading through this stuff and deciphering if it would be valuable. Help?

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

gains will be had.

But not gains worth the money invested into something like this.

Even if you do it yourself, all the tools you will need and time spent still won't be worth it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I just saw your members ride baby that rebuilt motor dude. Dont do any thing to jeapordize (sp?) it. Get a tune that will really help once you mod out that A6.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
        gains will be had.

But not gains worth the money invested into something like this.

Even if you do it yourself, all the tools you will need and time spent still won't be worth it.
        what? i gained two tenths on a 1/4 mile on a narrowband tune. for a chipped p06 ($135.00) what mod can you get two tentch for a 135 bux. remind you again, narrowband afr gauge and that was it. got a vid to prove it too. ha, the i/h/e cost me more than that $135 p06. ebay intake 35, megan header was 150ish and, a 200 crushbend 2.25 wit ebay muffler. so prob 400ish for all that and a best run before the p06 was 16.35.
        Last edited by bagoon316; 09-28-2007, 01:41 PM.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

.2 could have a been a difference in driving and weather. I know because it's happened to me.

You could get 2 blacktrax spacers and probably gain the same or even more.

Narrowband tune, was this Carlos that tuned you?

Plus, i/h/e isn't stock. A tune on that is a lot more beneficial than it would be to a stock setup.

Comment

k does't sound valuable. Yea I'm wanting to protect the rebuilt. I put about $700 into machine work on that thing and another 3000 on parts....I didnt build it up then I dunno why, but I just needed to get it running. So if I do a full build, a tune would be essential right? I'd like to stay all motor...

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

.2 could have a been a difference in driving and weather. I know because it's happened to me.

You could get 2 blacktrax spacers and probably gain the same or even more.

Narrowband tune, was this Carlos that tuned you?

Plus, i/h/e isn't stock. A tune on that is a lot more beneficial than it would be to a stock setup.
              he sure was, the man. and narrowband because i didnt have a wideband. does this cause a problem for you? it can be done, ive seen it personally ive driven it. i sure hope you dont start knockin his tuning capabilities, im not sure you know what he is capable of if you are. im sure it would have been .05 to .10 faster if on a wideband. he did what he could with what i had and gained me .2, and dont blame it on weather or driving because i bogged on the launch on my 2nd run and it was still .1 faster, and my traps were almost 87mph compared to 85, it was getting closer to summer each time out, so it was only getting hotter and muggier at night time. and the motor was still stock. your talking about adding two spacer that isnt stock either pal. i could have added two spacers and ran 15.8 probably with ecu tuning, or 16.1ish without. so even still my 135 p06 is still beneficial and you have yet to prove me wrong.
              Last edited by bagoon316; 09-29-2007, 01:38 AM.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by oranger
                k does't sound valuable. Yea I'm wanting to protect the rebuilt. I put about $700 into machine work on that thing and another 3000 on parts....I didnt build it up then I dunno why, but I just needed to get it running. So if I do a full build, a tune would be essential right? I'd like to stay all motor...
                yes a tune is always essential, especially if you did 700 in machine work and 3k in parts, an ecu with crome is def beneficial, and more of a safehaven.

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316
                  he sure was, the man. and narrowband because i didnt have a wideband. does this cause a problem for you? it can be done, ive seen it personally ive driven it. i sure hope you dont start knockin his tuning capabilities, im not sure you know what he is capable of if you are. im sure it would have been .05 to .10 faster if on a wideband. he did what he could with what i had and gained me .2, and dont blame it on weather or driving because i bogged on the launch on my 2nd run and it was still .1 faster, and my traps were almost 87mph compared to 85, it was getting closer to summer each time out, so it was only getting hotter and muggier at night time. and the motor was still stock. your talking about adding two spacer that isnt stock either pal. i could have added two spacers and ran 15.8 probably with ecu tuning, or 16.1ish without. so even still my 135 p06 is still beneficial and you have yet to prove me wrong.
                  lmao, calm down there buck.

Carlos is a good friend of mine. He called me the day he was tuning you and told me how he was tuning. We help each other.

Did you pay him to tune? If this is so, then your case is different from what the majority would be.

$135 is just a cost of a chipped ecu. Then, in most cases, you'd have to pay someone else to tune, or spend the money on getting the tools needed to tune. And I'm sure that if you're barely buying an ecu, you most likely don't know how to tune and you'll be getting more than a wideband.

So, the least amount of money you'd have to pay is ~$250, that includes the ecu and someone to tune you.

That is still not worth .2 in the 1/4 to tune a stock car.

Once you have more mods, then it starts getting beneficial.

Comment

my bad dude, yeh carlos and i are friends too, so in your point yes i only paid for the ecu. we still chill and talk, sorry bout that though, it just seemed like you were gettin smart and i didnt want you to say something about him. he is really good at what he does, he is about to tune a built, turbocharged, viper, the first time they made 1100hp on it. anyways, i would imagine people would do the i/h/e mods first and even those spacers, which i just learned about, about a month ago. and if you go dbl stack your gonna have to tune i would imagine becuase of the taller i/m, more airflow, and colder temps. if you did those four mods and chipped ecu i think you would have a great a6 base, even add a 260 regrind and cam gear. it would be pretty beast.

but what you said, yes carlos tunes mine for free, but its a relationship we have, share parts, time with builds/repair (2 weeks ago we did all four brakes on his civic, well myself mostly haha) he is a good guy and now i am gonna advertise, if your in tampa/orlando area hes the man you need to go to.

Comment

Working...
                    X