Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Basemap Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basemap Tips

I have a hard time explaining to some people how to make basemaps whil keeping it super simple. I'd like to hear if you guys have any tips/tricks to creating good basemaps so maybe it can be explained a little better.

For most F/H motors and most other engines for that matter, the stock fuel/ignition tables are fairly conservative. They tend to have an ok a/f ratio and don't push boundaries in the timing advance area so for most applications, factor in the injector size, fuel pressure, and the tables are automatically adjusted based on those and should be good enough to start an engine without doing damage. Even bore/stroke/port changes don't require major changes in the table. Maybe add a little fuel here and there but not much else. I usually tell people not to touch the fuel/ignition tables aside from the injectors/fuel unless the have a specific reason to. Is this what you guys tell people/do yourself or do you have any other things you recommend.

BTW, This is not considering the actual tuning aspect....just the basemap.
    Last edited by ACCLUDE91; 10-11-2007, 05:47 PM.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

For a perfect example of how to create any basemap, go to
    http://www.xenocron.com/install/CromeGuide.htm

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

u whore..

lol....

(this was totally useless and for that i apologize but it was needed)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
        I have a hard time explaining to some people how to make basemaps whil keeping it super simple. I'd like to hear if you guys have any tips/tricks to creating good basemaps so maybe it can be explained a little better.

For most F/H motors and most other engines for that matter, the stock fuel/ignition tables are fairly conservative. They tend to have an ok a/f ratio and don't push boundaries in the timing advance area so for most applications, factor in the injector size, fuel pressure, and the tables are automatically adjusted based on those and should be good enough to start an engine without doing damage. Even bore/stroke/port changes don't require major changes in the table. Maybe add a little fuel here and there but not much else. I usually tell people not to touch the fuel/ignition tables aside from the injectors/fuel unless the have a specific reason to. Is this what you guys tell people/do yourself or do you have any other things you recommend.

BTW, This is not considering the actual tuning aspect....just the basemap.
        I don't like giving out my personal tips, but I guess this isn't too personal.

When you start out a basemap, first thing that needs changed is the injector flow rating.

For boosted setups, add boost tables(if on crome) and I like to start out with .75degree retard per pound of boost, I also use 120% fuel efficiency.

Go and try to start the engine this way. If it doesn't start, don't mess with the tables yet. Play with the fuel multipliers until it starts(I actually never got any of my uber maps to start with 1 crank, always 2). Crome is really easy, just adjust the offset in the fuel multiplier.

Adjust those until you reach your desired idle afr(when engine is completely warmed up). If you can't get it to the exact ratio, then now you can start adjusting the idle areas of the map.

On stock cammed engines, idle areas range from the 1-3 columns. On cammed engines, it can range depending on your cam profile. With my delta 282, I'm on the 8-9th column.

That's all I'm gona leak.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
        X