Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Alright need some help with f22a-t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright need some help with f22a-t

Alright I am taking on the turbo project .

So far I have purchased:

1g dsm manifold
    blue top 450cc injectors
    1g dsm bov
    14B turbo

/\ all for $225

IC piping is taken care of installed and powder coated black for 225 (2" piping)

I have a place that can redrill the dsm manifold for 60 bucks and clean her up a bit.

Now my questions are these:

1. What kind/flow of fuel pump do I need?
    2. Tuning?
    3. Oil line kits? Size? Material?

Anything else I am mising? .

Also anyone care to have pictures of vacuum lines for the bov/turbo etc. And pics of the manifold 1g dsm IC install etc.

TIA
    No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

alot of turbo accords coming out lol..

if ur stock fuel pump is old replace it with oem if not leave it.. it will do fine for 8-12psi needs..

tuning is up to you

you can go piggy back or standalone both average around the same price.. both have pros and cons..

look into both and see what is best suited for you

as for pics.. i myself am not boosted so i cant offer pics just have to wait for someone who is to chime in..

did u get the o2 housing with the 14b turbo??

gotta get a downpipe made..
    gaskets for the turbo setup

it has quite a few..

block/manifold

manifold/turbo

turbo/downpipe

as you can see quite a few you have to get..

also for the oil lines

www.stealtmodeperformance.com or .net has a very good and cheap oil feed/return line kit..

edit.. website doesnt work..so.. go into the classifieds of homemadeturbo and look for him.. names stealthmode.
    id suggest becoming a member of Homemadeturbo if your nto already and browsing around.. a couple of CB7 threads rolling in the forced induction forum.. also.. i believe u get discount on shit if ur a member.. from stealthmode.. not sure..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Sweet thanks for the reply...I am looking for 5-7 psi which I believe is already set via the built in wastegate in the dsm turbo. I am wanting to retain all of my a/c p/s etc so I will probably do the DP off the manifold (someone correct me if I am wrong ).

Fuel pump as of now is totally ok...no issues.

I believe the o2 housing is coming with the 14b, so every thing should be good to go.

As far as the oil lines does he make kits for the cb7 specifically? I will pm him .

Comment

the o2 housing is the building block for the downpipe.. u have to use it.. unless u buy a flange and have a totally custom one made.. but im sure ur all about the budget setup.. hehe
        and i believe the stock wastegate is set at 8psi.. depending on ur intercooler ull either see the full 8 or 7psi.

also.. the oil kit.. its enough length that u cut to ur desired amount.. and yes i few cb7owners have used it.. its more of..

"specific for turbo" rather.. he has a 14b kit.. so yeah.. ull ask for that..

hit me on up AIM

wikkedv15...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I recently built a turbokit for my F22a, using dsm manifold...
          The 14b's wastegate actuator is set at 8-9psi. Due to all of my engine work mine would actually creep up to 11psi on the highway. I got a boost controller and have it set at 12psi right now, but it creeps to 14psi on the highway. If you want pics of my full setup, here they are. http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286120939

As for fuelpumps, i'm running a walbro 255, and it works great.

Heres my custom DP pics
          http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286177315

I should have my Victory Performance upgraded o2 housing this week. It should help my boost creep. I am also going to enlarge the wastegate hole a lot when i put on the o2 housing.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4285930911

I also have nitrous on my car, if it is ever needed.
          12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
          11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
          F22a1
          60-1 td06h turbo
          Darton mid sleeves
          85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
          Crower pro billet rods
          Custom ported head.
          KMS valves
          F23 headgasket
          ARP H23 headstuds
          H23 upper intake manifold
          F22a6 lower intake manifold
          Intake manifold is gutted
          AEM EMS 1040u
          FIC 850cc injectors
          Walbro 255 pump
          H23 manual trans
          Prelude shifter assembly
          Forbidden short throw
          Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

as far as oil lines, don't piss away $80 on someone else's kits.. all you need is to bend up some break lines and fab the rest of your parts. Look at a couple of the other people's setups.. you might need a special fitting to tee off the back of the block.

Comment

Originally posted by quadnie
              as far as oil lines, don't piss away $80 on someone else's kits.. all you need is to bend up some break lines and fab the rest of your parts. Look at a couple of the other people's setups.. you might need a special fitting to tee off the back of the block.
              dood no offense to VRD but he does sound a bit newbish.. trying to make this turbo install as painless as possible and if that means 80.. so be it.. IMO

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

fast93accord, you running 12 psi on stock block? If so, you must tune really well.

Comment

All the people I've known in my prior forum experience selling oil line kits are dick heads. No way would I purchase one of their kits. I think it's time that I do a little writeup on how to do your own oil line kit for a few bucks and have the gratification of building it yourself.

If you don't have the smarts to piece together a turbo kit (including piecing together the oil line kit) then you are better off just going N/A or just buying a worthless greddy kit for your car.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                      dood no offense to VRD but he does sound a bit newbish.. trying to make this turbo install as painless as possible and if that means 80.. so be it.. IMO
                      I am a n00b in the FI world....hence I want to take on the project; you can't learn unless you try right . I have been reading and learning for the better part of 2-3 months .

Comment

You cant learn unless you try it but dont end up fuckin up the first time you have to do it right the first time. in the end look for a good tuner have a good fuel management unit on top of that last but not least have good fuel upgrades like a 255 fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator.

Comment

Alright UPDATE

I currently have in my hands the following:

1g dsm manifold (sending off to get sandblasted and powdercoated )
                          1g dsm bov
                          Apexi SAFC
                          dsm SMIC

Here is what is on its way:

2g dsm t25 turbo
                          dsm 450 cc injectors
                          SS oil lines
                          f22a6 bored out throttle body bored to 64mm (stock is 60mm)
                          a couple other "goodies"

And thats all I am waiting on...everything has been ordered just waiting on brown

I will keep you guys posted and take some pictures when everything is in my hands and also after install .

A

Comment

Originally posted by VRDrvr
                            Alright UPDATE

1g dsm manifold (sending off to get sandblasted and powdercoated )

A
                            I would question powder coating an exhaust manifold, the extra high temps of a turbo and the coating just doesn't really mix. Why don't you get it ceramic coated instead?

Oh yeah, check for cracks.

Comment

Working...
                            X