Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

chrysler conquest tsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chrysler conquest tsi

hey i was wondering if theres anyway i can maybe take a turbo off of this car and throw it on my '92 LX. i know its not as simple as i put it, but is will one of them fit? its a 1988, and has been sitting in my g-pas garage for a couple years and only 60k miles on the engine. let me know what i need if i can do this, thanks guys.

I believe those chryslers used dsm parts...would be worth a whirl.

Since the talon is a eclipse etc. The manifold wouldn't fit because I believe the tsi was a v6 .

Junkyard trips are fun
    No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

its a inline 4 actually. its a mitsubishi built TD05 Turbocharger if that helps...i tihkn im gonna go look at it tomorrow and gank that shit!

Comment

darn....maybe ill check it out anyway. if it seems like its gonna be a bitch, then i wont do it.

Comment

Those cars had like 2 or 3 different motors.. if anything you're looking for the 2.0 SOHC 4g63 (I believe it was the first gen of that common dsm motor).

If it does have that setup then it will have a 14g which flows about 20% more then a 14b. The turbo will most likely need a rebuild... would be easier and cheaper to find a nice used 14b off a 1st gen DSM or even a T25.

Comment

good thing is you can use those big ass starion/conquest stock fmic's like what eric had before he got his other one

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
            AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

ahh hell yeah on the FMIC's those things rocked.. in general the cars were weak and problem prone. A freshly rebuild 14g is decent (and about the same size as a 14b). I would find a starion just to resell it.

Comment

if it was the 14g, would it still need a rebuild even if it has been sitting for a long ass time with low ass mileage?

Comment

.an old, laggy, inefficient turbo that really isn't worth the trouble
                  The 14B is an awesome turbo. There's a DSM in the 11's with a 14B w/o nitrous. Of course an Accord won't run 11's with one, but just saying it's a very very underrated turbo. Not saying there aren't better turbos out there, just saying that a 14B is a good turbo for the $$$.

Comment

you are most likely looking at a rebuild for the starion 14g.. good chances that many 14b turbos you find will need a rebuild as well (think about it, that car has been out of production for 10 years). I've seen rebuild 14b turbos on ebay go for as little as $100, the 14g is somewhat of a rare find since the starions are popular donar cars.

Comment

i just found out like last weekend that i have a starion FMIC...go figure huh lol
                      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                      X