Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

quick question about bov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question about bov

ok my blow off valve has 2 nipples coming off of it.......is that just another spot to attach another line that needs a vacuum source or does that mean it needs 2 different vacuum lines to work properly? Or could i possibly just use a tee fitting and not worry about it?

What kind of bov is it?
    Most of the ones I have seen(1g dsm, 2g dsm, rfl, a couple others) just have one vacuum source.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

its a crap ebay type s one and the only reason im usin that is because i cant find a flange for my 1g bov and i got it for $10 brand new

Comment

well if no one knows i guess i will just tee the 2 fittings and hope for the best lol

Comment

check ıt

Not to sure about the dual vacuum
          Does ıt have 2 of the smaller nıpples or....
          Is one bıgger than the other, pıcs would work too!
          however have you looked at
          DSM parts.com

I know they have some flanges!

good luck!
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

One goes to the charge pipe the bov is attached to the other goes to the IM. Seach how to hook up a greddy bov. Thats what the ebay is based off. You only need the second nipple if you plan on adjusting the sensitivity. The second is not necissary.

Comment

yeah it has 2 smaller nipples so i know for sure they are both for vaccuum lines. but u says the 2nd nipple is for sensitivity setting only? So how do i know which is the main one? the one on top or the one on bottom?

Comment

nevermind i figured it out.....thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
                X