Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

auto help turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto help turbo

i have a 92 accord and it has a new tranny in it. but iwant more power. i want a turbo. would it work. and sugets.

The Race Car

plz

The Race Car

Comment

damn chill out dude sometimes it takes longer than 15 mins for a response.......if you didnt notice that you were the only person to view this thread........

but anywayz yes u can turbo an automatic....its just like turboing a 5 speed.....the problem is that your auto tranny and torque converter cant handle it unless its an aftermarket one. Unfortunately they dont have aftermarket torque converters for our cars. You may have a new tranny but that extra power will tear that transmission apart. Depending on the power you make, it may slip from the start. Suggestion: Go five speed. Best thing you can do..

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn
        Unfortunately they dont have aftermarket torque converters for our cars.
        Lies
        wat?

Comment

ok well my bad i havent been able to find any but i guess its cuz i suck with the search button and google.........well point this guy in the right direction then

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn
            ok well my bad i havent been able to find any but i guess its cuz i suck with the search button and google.........well point this guy in the right direction then
            They make them but they are a little hard to find, I think like only one company do it
            wat?

Comment

ok u no the name

The Race Car

Comment

gearspeed , level 10 - theres 2.
                FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

let me tell you, get ready to spend some $ if you go auto, i did it my stock tranny didn't last long.

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987
                    i have a 92 accord and it has a new tranny in it. but iwant more power. i want a turbo. would it work. and sugets.
                    if your looking for extra driving power around 200whp 7-9psi (assuming you have an f22a) if you auto tranny are in good condition/low millage (you mention new tranny). If it tune properly should last your with your stock engine and auto tranny for a while. Now if you drive like a bat out of He^^ and floor the gas at every red light/stop sign then nothing will last. take care of your auto tranny and it will be able to handle low boost. That a given if people who has 170k+ on their auto tranny even the best care won't save it from the dead when boosting- good codition/low millage auto tranny are the way- jdm f22 auto tranny $350 (35k-45k miles) or JDM H22A LSD auto tranny $650 (35k-45k miles) will be a good investment for boosting auto and should be able to handle around 250whp-220wtq. Above 300whp+ you would a full performance tranny rebuild which cost over $1,200.

GL on your possible future boost auto..
                    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Working...
                    X