Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cf hood for turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cf hood for turbo?

Do you guys think it would be worth trading my VIS cf hood for a DSM 14b turbo, turbo manifold, injectors, blowoff valve and smic?
    Honda-mans best friend!
    who said it was a dog?
    PINOY PRIDE
    OHIO CB7's

As long as all those piece are in good working order I'd trade. Although, I'm not a big fan of CF hoods..

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i dunno about that SMIC. that's probably a bit small for the 14b on our cars. the 14b itself is fairly small, and small turbos give off a lot of heat. so you're gonna want to get a FMIC if you plan on using these parts.

and it depends on the condition of your hood. how new is it? any cracks or any other damage?
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

I have a small fmic ,12"x12"x3" thats the measurements of the actual core. He is just throwing in the smic. The hood has some cracks in the front part above the grill where people have pushed too hard to close it and it does have some scratches on it.
        Honda-mans best friend!
        who said it was a dog?
        PINOY PRIDE
        OHIO CB7's

Comment

how much is your hood worth to you? I'd say those dsm parts could be had for between $200-$250. If your hood is worth more or less to you then that, it should give you your answer.It also depends how much your time is worth for searching for deals and finding the parts but those pieces are usually in every other for sale thread.

14b GOOD CONDITION(None to very little shaft play)-$100-$150
          Mani with no cracks - $30-$50
          Injectors- $40-$75
          BOV w/o pipe and flange-$15........w/ pipe and flange-$25-$60
          SMIC-$15-$50

This is just a break down of how much those parts usually go for with a little range in them. Give or take $5 each way.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. My options are look good or go alittle faster, I can't decide!
            Honda-mans best friend!
            who said it was a dog?
            PINOY PRIDE
            OHIO CB7's

Comment

Working...
            X