Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Joey GT-R's Turbo Build Thread (56Ks will die.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey GT-R's Turbo Build Thread (56Ks will die.)

I'm hoping the mods will keep this thread up, so long as I continue to update it within reasonable intervals. If not I guess I can always convert it into some other type of thread.

Anywho, let's begin by saying I am in no means an expert on any of this stuff as this is my first boost build. So if I start to do something that is not in the best interests of my build, please advise me otherwise! I hope this thread can someday be used for the benefit of others.

So here's the ultimate goal: 300whp/300tq DD, which would put me in the Top 10 of boosted setups. My date to achieve this goal is hopefully by next spring as I will be away a school so time to work on the car will be very limited. And once I achieve this goal I won't stop there, I will continue to push the envelope but this is just the initial phase.

Here's what we're working with....1994 JDM H22A DOHC VTEC.

Wish me luck!
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

should be attainable, best wishes

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

spiker is pushing almost 700 with an boosted H in a 5th gen

its possible

good luck

Comment

Great luck I hope you have success
        Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
          spiker is pushing almost 700 with an boosted H in a 5th gen

its possible

good luck
          But that took lots of money, sweat, and time...

Comment

Good luck!
            I hope you reach your goal!

I'll definitely be checking this thread out often.
            I'm thinking about boosting next year while still keeping it a DD.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

You might want to go higher than 300 if you want to be in the top 10...my cars a work in progress...and please keep us updated on what you are doing, because I want to see this done right

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Glad to hear you want to build it right Good luck

Comment

why would a 56k die here? I was hoping to see some good pics!!!!
                  spin city

Comment

definetly keep us posted. I wanna see other people doing builds the right way.

Comment

Actually mozz me and you will become like prison mates since you have an H22 as well so dont get mad if I flood your IM window.

EDIT: Oh yea and pics go up tomorow of whats going on with the car as of late since I have a day off.

Comment

good luck. your going to need alot of money.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Where do you work? Gotta have some fundage for this kinda build.

Comment

What are some of the parts you gonna b using, along with what kinda Turbo
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Okay, so in order to turbo an H22 the first thing you need is....an H22 of course! Swap was done about a week ago. I'm going to leave it alone for a couple weeks and let it break itself in, along with the new 5SPD tranny as well. Then I will replace whatever parts go out as needed. This will also give me time to recover financially from the big bucks that were spent. As you all already know alot of money is involved.

Anyways, here are some pics:

A new valve cover is on the way.... Haven't hit VTEC yet but I can't wait, I'll feel unstoppable!!!!

I couldn't find a boot that fit in the junkyard, so this is what I ended up with. Some guy at the muffler shop said I should put some little wooden planks around the inside and then connect boot over it to make it looks stock. Still taking that into consideration....

Clutch is stiff as hell, goes all the way to the floor. At first I had to slide the seat all the way up so I can shift, but now I can recline a lil bit.

No frank setup here, all stock reliability.

Got a nail in my left rear during test drives so had to get a new pair. Definitely hurt my pocket.

Anybody know how to get this damn thing off???? I twist it hard both ways but won't budge, I'm about to put an impact wrench to it, lol. It's the AC Line btw.

Had to wire VTEC and install a manual cluster yesterday. It's fucked up though, so I gotta go back to the junkyard and switch it out, if anyone has a working one for cheap let me know.

Plus the alternator went out today so I gotta replace that. Gonna do that right after this post. Hopefully after all this stuff is switched out I will be problem free.

Now about the project....I can't turbo right away obviously because it's an H22 and I'm flat broke. What I will be doing over the next couple months is prepping it for turbo. My first power adder that I'm looking at right now is either that larger throttle body from Skunk2 or a larger intake manifold made by Skunk2 or Venom. Does anybody know which one is better? I hope Skunk2 since Venom is like $700 and Skunk2 is only like $350. I've heard that larger TBs can make an extra 25-50 whp when running boost, and I imagine with a larger manifold the same is true, if not more. Plus it will give me a little bit more roar now, and get me closer to 200whp rather than 180whp.

Comment

Working...
                              X