Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Runs lean only on full boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runs lean only on full boost

I just started noticing that my car runs lean everytime i hit the throttle and get into boost. but when im just crusing the wideband is showing around 13-17. when i hit the throttle it gets down to 10. im worried about the block. any info?
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

um...tune it? just an idea.

From the way you posted it looks like you are mixing up rich and lean.

lean = higher number
    rich = lower number
    "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
    - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      what he said map may not be tuned that high with boost tables
      Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
        I just started noticing that my car runs lean everytime i hit the throttle and get into boost. but when im just crusing the wideband is showing around 13-17. when i hit the throttle it gets down to 10. im worried about the block. any info?
        That is a good afr for cruising and idle, 14.7 or so is ideal.
        A lower number means a you are going rich, but under boost, you dont really want to see an afr over 12.5 most of the time, and generally speaking. There are times when people run beyond this, but under boost, it becomes somewhat risky.
        Remember, it is Air to Fuel Ration, so a lower number means you have less air than fuel and a higher number means you have more air than fuel.
        Also, each type of fuel, gasoline, methanol, etc, has a different stoichiometric reading, so when you switch fuel types, these numbers change.
        But that is a whole 'nother lesson kiddos.
        F it, here is a free lesson from your good friends at wikipedia.

Fuel
        Gasoline 14.7 : 1
        Natural Gas 17.2 : 1
        Propane (LP) 15.5 : 1
        Ethanol 9 : 1
        Methanol 6.4 : 1
        Hydrogen 34 : 1
        Diesel 14.6 : 1
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

ohh i thought running in the low 10s is bad. im constantly running 93. i might need to get a retune. i waiting for the first week of august so i have some vaca and take it down again.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Id' say youre running a little rich, get retuned and aim for 12-12.5 afr.
            Be careful with how much timing youre running under full boost as well. Too much will kill your setup.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

thanx for yalls info on this i might need this for the future

Comment

Working...
              X