Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

forged rod for F22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forged rod for F22?

since i have a cracked piston i want to rebuilt it with forged pistons and rod. i found a wiseco forged piston kit but i dont find forged rods..
    so which compagnies makes forged rod for our F22?
    which rods are you running guys?
    My Ride

Jas Airbrush, Custom Paint.

www.importperformanceparts.net

www.raceeng.com

Those are a start on a couple known places to have F22 internals.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i didnt find any cheaper end rod solutions at IPP.

the ones i bought off ebay have the same part number that eagle uses. those are forged H beams and still lighter than stock. i needed to hone the big end out since they got the wrong dimensions on it for some reason.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i'm not sure to understand..
        My Ride

Comment

maybe you shouldnt be touching the internals then.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            lmao

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
              lmao
              unfortunately there's more to a motor than just to bolt everything together.

even deburring is an art.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                i'm not sure to understand because i'm not 100% functional with my english..

what is IPP?
                and what is ''hone''?
                My Ride

Comment

IPP = import performace parts
                  hone = term in machining, can be used to get the proper sizing or clearance usually after boring or reaming.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

The word "hone" is used to describe the process it takes to very lightly and very evenly score the cylinder wall. You need to do this because you want a good rough surface for the piston rings to mate with and make a good seal.

If this process is overlooked you could face issues with low compression and blow by. Blow by is when the combustion gases pass the rings and enter your oil system. Is is also very very bad.
                    Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                      The word "hone" is used to describe the process it takes to very lightly and very evenly score the cylinder wall. You need to do this because you want a good rough surface for the piston rings to mate with and make a good seal.

If this process is overlooked you could face issues with low compression and blow by. Blow by is when the combustion gases pass the rings and enter your oil system. Is is also very very bad.
                      it's a universal term in machining and in my context it was for honing the big end out on a rod to achieve the desired clearance.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

how much power are you looking to make? there is a good chance you dont even need rods to be honest, the stock ones are pretty stout (still yet to see one fail under boost).

its the D series rods you have to worry about, they dont call 'em toothpicks for nothing.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

thank you for your responses guys

i dont want a lot of power.. maybe 300hp.. so like you said the stock rods will do the job.
                          My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by AccordSe91 View Post
                            thank you for your responses guys

i dont want a lot of power.. maybe 300hp.. so like you said the stock rods will do the job.
                            id be safe and get aftermarket rods, plus you have to make sure the wiseco pistons are press style pins to accomadate the stock rods.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

you will make more horsepower at 12 psi with a 16g, than a 14b. Not to mention less hot air coming from a 16g, heat kills.

Comment

Working...
                              X