Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

need some help on stock motor turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some help on stock motor turbo

whats up guyz!!! well since i bought my cb7 i`ve been thinking about doing a swap but alwayz was into n/a tunning and stuff but now i want to try boost,anyway i need some help,because im trying to do this on a low budget, which means ill use the stock motor,now i herd that the stock f22 its a great engine if u want to go turbo because of the torque and so... now what would i need beside beside the turbo kit and piping(ofcourse) and how much would i be spending??

thanks in advance guyz!!!!
    I Miss My Cb7!

i no u need an ecu. nd go to the junk yard and get a dsm setup. search dsm on here and look at thous.

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by USDM_CB7 View Post
      whats up guyz!!! well since i bought my cb7 i`ve been thinking about doing a swap but alwayz was into n/a tunning and stuff but now i want to try boost,anyway i need some help,because im trying to do this on a low budget, which means ill use the stock motor,now i herd that the stock f22 its a great engine if u want to go turbo because of the torque and so... now what would i need beside beside the turbo kit and piping(ofcourse) and how much would i be spending??

thanks in advance guyz!!!!
      nice to hear your going turbo too iam also going turbo with a stock f22a4 but from what iam gathering right now is the ecu that the most importaint thing that iam trying to get right now, the turbo ive bought a whole DSM talon tsi for 300 great pick up too now i have 2 turbo yay and all i need now is the ecu MRX makes ecu and iam hopeing to get one from him soon for about 150 now you need a exhaust it needs to but a custom welded on that not gonna cost you that much your lookin at what 100-200max then your should be able to run not race but to run it with out that much problems the whole setup it gonna cost me just about 800 includeing all small stuff

86 supra NA (sold)
      91 Supra turbo (drifter)
      99 prelude SH (only when i wanna hit V-attack)
      91 accord (turbo soon dead) "crashed"
      97 civic hatch GSR-T (my babys mama ride) (stolen)

Comment

the f22 is a really good boost motor cause of its 8.8:1 compression which is perfect for turbo set ups. which f do u hav a1 a4 or a6?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by USDM_CB7 View Post
          ...because im trying to do this on a low budget
          unfortunatly u start saying that then next thing u know thats all u save ur money for. but from my mistake and i am sure others don't rush into it and don't buy something unless u know it is absolutley worthwhile buying used turbos and other such stuff will have its downsides. sometimes it is better to save for the quality part from the beginning because u might end up buying it in the end
          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Turbo'ing roughly costs just as much as an H22 swap. There is no cheap route because then you get cheap results.

Some people get lucky or find a hell of a deal on a good setup but youre looking to spend around $800+ on average from a 1g DSM. Start piece by piece my friend. I say craigslist.com

Comment

thats not true at all, im going boost for about 800 bux.

thats a rebuilt MHI EVO3 big16g, SRT-4 IC (said to hold 350hp), dsm 450's, 2G ported dsm manifold, all piping, 3" exhaust, and ecu. i should yield almost 270whp on that setup on my engine. cheap results?? no, and def a cheap build. too bad im not going just that, i am adding cams, 20g housing/wheel, hybrid manifold, maxbore t/b, external gated setup, 560cc injectors, and water/meth, so now my price is about 1500, and ill make over 300whp. still less than the h22 swap.

now i have 1200 difference than that h22 swap, on that basic setup. dsm baby, reliable, cheap, and still makes power. just gotta shop for the deals mang.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
              So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
                Some people get lucky or find a hell of a deal on a good setup
                thats what you have!

Comment

most what i listed is used and found at low/normal prices...

a 2G DSM mani can be had for 20 bux. the i/c for less than 50, the turbo will vary, i got mine with blown seals no shaftplay though for 175 and full rebuild kit is 125. exhaust shop is 200 for 3" wherever you go pretty much. dsm 450's are 50 almost wherever you go.

really a budget DSM is a decent setup and can be all found for cheap. the parts i listed in the 2nd list are all new pretty much. the thing also with running a MHI turbo is that it will last forever if you take care of it, and run a oil restricter.

like i said its all in the shopping, know whats "ok" to buy used, make sure the used parts arent "raped" on or broken. and you can make good reliable power for cheap.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Neat! (taking notes on your setup). I found a Evo3 16g online and that douchebag wanted $600 used! I told him good luck selling.

Comment

Working...
                    X