Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Acura Legend 2.0 Turbo or Steerling (clone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acura Legend 2.0 Turbo or Steerling (clone)

I remember looking on e-bay a looong time ago when I was just first starting to look for jdm stuff for my car. I remember coming across a jdm acura legend engine swap and it had a factory honda turbo mounted to it. I was like cool! then clicked by. I wish I saved pictures of it but now i'm wondering how big the turbo was.

They released this model in 1988 in the acura Legend and Steerling (Legend clone)

Few months back I picked up a tuner magazine with the article of some guy having the first Boosted Legend (hahaha) he could've just found this swap and dropped it in.

I know the legends stateside never came turbo....but as far as the steerlings i'm unsure. I saw a few Legend/steerling clones at my local junkyard that were that year but never payed any attention in the engine bay. The first units were supposingly built in Anchorage Alasaka.....maybe a few are over here? I'm going to keep a lookout. As far as I know they were available in japan and the Uk...

Thought it would be nice to find a oem honda turbo with the words HONDA raised print on it.... Get popped by the cops and I can say it's o.e.m equipment and my car is from out of of the country. Look at my military sticker biyatch!
    We have some really dumb cops in my area.

There's 3cars at the military base where I work at that have real RHD cars. I think it's funny when they drive offbase. I don't know what the heck the other 2 jdm cars are.....never seen those things in my life... but the other guy I know has a real RHD S14 silvia with japanese plates etc and he drives it off the base without any temporary tags. He got popped once but the cop let him go. I doubt I would be as lucky but it would be a funny scenario.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

I read about that car...here's the link:

Turbo Legend data

It makes decent power for a turbo 2-liter from the 80's...the early 300ZX turbos didn't make that kind of power. I'm unsure as to whether or not that would fit in our cars and/or if it would be worth the risk/seach effort/price over turboing an F22. I do know it would sound a hell of a lot better though, and be able to rev higher too. I dunno if its DOHC or not...that would be even better...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
    X