Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22 turbo w/o intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 turbo w/o intercooler

i was thinking about turboing the accord
    but dont wanna spend the money on a FMIC
    i no its possiable to just run it right off the turbo
    but dose any one have this done
    and wher the hell would you put the BOV

use a fmic. if you are planning on going turbo, i suggest you do it right. shouldn't cost you that much anyways. you should do alot of reading.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

You will blow your engine in no time, the only way is having build engine that will handle 800hp and run big a$$ turbo w/o intercooler.

at least get DSM smic if are planing on boosting

Comment

Intercoolers can be had for relatively cheap with a little searching. I'd rather spend the $100 or so to get a cheap one than worry about the heat generated straight off the turbo

I have a 1st gen DSM side mount that I'll sell for fairly cheap if you want to make me an offer.
        1993 Prelude S
        F22A1
        custom'ish turbo setup
        180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
        18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
        currently being rebuilt

Comment

Wow dude, do NOT turbo your car. Seriously. You need to do a lot more research if you don't even know where to put a damn BOV.

Buy a cheap ebay FMIC. It'll be better than nothing. The BOV is located after the intercooler, before the throttle body, on the intake pipe (this is coming off of the FMIC)

Research more....you can't just slap a turbo on for the hell of it and expect it to do anything.
          VIP Status.

Comment

w/o an intercooler you'd be feeding compressed air into your engine. compressed air is hot air. that's not good for power. if it had to be done, you'd have to not be boosting much at all (>5lbs), but then what would be the point of boosting? recipe for disaster

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabee View Post
              w/o an intercooler you'd be feeding compressed air into your engine. compressed air is hot air. that's not good for power. if it had to be done, you'd have to not be boosting much at all (>5lbs), but then what would be the point of boosting? recipe for disaster
              U feed compressed air to the engine with a turbo intercooled or not. The difference is w/the intercooler ur engine will run a lot cooler, and the turbo will be more efficient.

There were some non-intercooled turbo stock cars int eh 80s

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

ive seen some people use the dsm side mount intercooler under the hood in the stock battery location as well. I dont know how efficient it is but it is an extra idea for you.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by pikey_cb7 View Post
                  If that phrase is ever used in the process of modifying a car.......your better off not doin it.

Comment

dont wanna spend the money on a FMIC

Yeah... good thinking.

A FMIC will be ALOT cheaper if you buy it with the new engine you're going to need.

Seriously... just get a J/Y sidemount from somthing or other. I used a SAAB 900 unit for a while .... worked good enough for me.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by AstroVannin View Post
                      Seriously... just get a J/Y sidemount from somthing or other. I used a SAAB 900 unit for a while .... worked good enough for me.
                      Plz te,, me you have pics.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

You don't need a IC, but its highly recommended.
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          U feed compressed air to the engine with a turbo intercooled or not. The difference is w/the intercooler ur engine will run a lot cooler, and the turbo will be more efficient.

There were some non-intercooled turbo stock cars int eh 80s
                          i'm sorry. that was my point though. i should've been clearer. w/o an intercooler you will grenade your motor.

the intercooler doesn't cool the engine, it cools the pressurized air. rads and rad fans cool engines.

Comment

1. if you dont wanna get a FMIC (frontmount intercooler) then get a SMIC (sidemount intercooler) alot cheaper

2. NO you have to run a intercooler off the turbo without it there would be no point of going turbo youll just be sucking hot uncharted air causeing your car to run more fuel than air and that will melt your pistons and rings to hell
                            you must be thinking about the intake that connects to the turbo compresser that you can run with out anything

3. hook up the BOV close by the throttle body on the cold side pipeing

86 supra NA (sold)
                            91 Supra turbo (drifter)
                            99 prelude SH (only when i wanna hit V-attack)
                            91 accord (turbo soon dead) "crashed"
                            97 civic hatch GSR-T (my babys mama ride) (stolen)

Comment

You can kinda see it pokin' out in the bumper cutout there.

Lousy pics, I know, but thats the only ones I took.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Working...
                              X