Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Build dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Build dilema

Ok...I'm having some issues on what I want to build next.

I have 3 choices.

1)keep building my current motor for NA(already 11:1 compression on OEM parts, stock everything)

2) build myself the baddest H22 ever seen, for turbo. I have already an iron sleeve lined h22a. It's COMPLETELY bare. I'd need to source down a crank, which I'm sure I can get for pretty cheap from Kaizenspeed(they're 45min from me). I'd need to purchase another head for it. Everything else will just snow ball from there.

Or should I build a badass all motor setup(even tho this is in the FI section)?

3) I also have an F22B sitting on an engine stand right now. There's 1 stripped head bolt that I've been having issues with but not a major set back. I could build THAT for boost as well. It already has iron sleeves, so all I'd need is some forged pistons and rods with some extreme head work(done by me).

For either boost build, I'm going to be looking anywhere from 400-600whp. I want to break into the 11's and I'd be happy.

My issue is that I really can't decide wtf I want to do. I can't decide which build I want MORE, because I want to do all of them and probably will eventually.
    I've ALWAYS wanted to build my f22b for boost. It's been my dream ever since I first bought it. I've helped other people build f22b's and realize THEIR dreams. I'm tired of making OTHERS fast, it's time I go fast damn it.

I'm just looking for your guys' opinions to help me decide I guess.

Money isn't so much of an issue, it's just I can't build 2 motors at once.

Vote up!
    H22 for boost
    41.03%
    H22 for NA
    12.82%
    F22B for boost
    20.51%
    F22B for NA
    5.13%
    Another H23 vtec for boost
    10.26%
    H23 vtec for NA
    10.26%
    Last edited by d112crzy; 01-18-2009, 04:01 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

I'd elminate number 2 right off the bat, unless you found deep pockets all of a sudden, or you want to building this motor for the next 5-6 years. Building the baddest motor ever seen seems costly.

I would defenatly build a turbo motor though. Just not to the "extreme". Stick with the h22 since you have it already. Shoot for 450-500whp. Would be dope.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

well...

since its your only car, and a DD, I like the h23 VTEC idea!
      I know you always have means of getting around even when the CB doesn't work. But thats my input.

I really wanna see ya boosted, but believe you need another cb my friend!
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
        I'd elminate number 2 right off the bat, unless you found deep pockets all of a sudden, or you want to building this motor for the next 5-6 years. Building the baddest motor ever seen seems costly.

I would defenatly build a turbo motor though. Just not to the "extreme". Stick with the h22 since you have it already. Shoot for 450-500whp. Would be dope.
        If I build NA, I won't have a hp goal, but a 1/4 mile goal. I want to break into the 12's with all motor without going with a crzy bore or stroke like other people have. Also, it won't be TOO expensive considering the way I shop around and the way I do things.

Steve, yes I do need another car. I've considered buying another for a long time. At first, I wanted to buy an EG hatch and put the f22b in there, but now I don't know about all that. I would LOVE for my current car to be the beast since it's been through a lot already.

keep the comments coming.

Comment

I think you need to build beast H22 and show what you are capable of build and tune your self, it would be kinda like your's Bussinesscard, as I understand tuning is what you make your living off. But then it's not what you want to build, it's what you need

Comment

All true points. But this is honestly something I WANT. Definitely not something I need.

Comment

h23 vtec is different. do it.
              wat?

Comment

Building H22 is like dying and going to haven...lol, aftermarket for it is amazingly strong therefore it's cheaper and more options for you.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                  h23 vtec is different. do it.
                  It's what my current motor is

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                    I'm tired of making OTHERS fast, it's time I go fast damn it.
                    Whatever, you ass.

Boost the H

Then just rebuild the F for DD and put it in a Hatch.
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Turbo h22, would be a mean street car if you choose your turbo wisely. You wont be happy with your 12 second all motor accord, which would be very hard to do in a full trim accord in the first place.

Comment

I don't think it would. 98vtec is in the low 13's already with a stock head and cams. That's on a full trim prelude.

Comment

Well that can be argued. I just personally don't think you would be happy with it.

Comment

Since you already have an NA motor and frankly can expand on it more in the future, if need be. You already know a lot of the F22B, like this motor and want to get into boost, so do it! I think overall you have less parts to line up for this motor anyhow and it is the more practical build.
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Boost the H22, it's been proven that they can make incredible power.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                              "The Turtle"
                              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
                              X