Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

FRM sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRM sleeves

Assuming i get Mahle Gold Series pistons, are the FRM sleeves themselves strong enough to hold about 15 psi? I know the common problem is not being able to use forged pistons in the stock H sleeves but the Mahle ones work.

I'm only asking about the strength of the sleeves themselves so other comments aren't necessary.
    OHIO CB7'S #11
    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

They're plenty strong.

15psi with what turbo? You do realize that 15psi from a 14b is COMPLETELY different than 15psi from an hx40, right? I'd say close to a 100whp difference.

I've seen FRM sleeves hold 500whp.

The downfall with using Mahle's is that they don't last very long. The coating usually wears off after about 30k miles or so(from what I've read). I don't really know anyone that has had an issue with this before though.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i was looking at a gt32 or similar

im looking for a midsize that will spool around 4k and i dont want to max the turbo out because of the heat issues that causes
      OHIO CB7'S #11
      SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

But getting too big of a turbo and running it below its efficiency range is just as bad.

Comment

i saw a chart of garrett turbos v. engine displacement and i think the gt32 was like a 2.0-2.7 liter range and good from like 200-400 hp or something

im not sure exactly what i want, just around 300whp ish and spooling around 4k

im trying to learn about trim and a/r so i can be a little more educated in my choice. do you have a suggestion for me?
          OHIO CB7'S #11
          SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

don't know if this help but a 50trim .63a/r on an F22 spools 10psi at 3500rpms
            Honda-mans best friend!
            who said it was a dog?
            PINOY PRIDE
            OHIO CB7's

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140 View Post
              i saw a chart of garrett turbos v. engine displacement and i think the gt32 was like a 2.0-2.7 liter range and good from like 200-400 hp or something

im not sure exactly what i want, just around 300whp ish and spooling around 4k

im trying to learn about trim and a/r so i can be a little more educated in my choice. do you have a suggestion for me?
              No, that's a good turbo choice. I just like messing with peoples minds so they think a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                No, that's a good turbo choice. I just like messing with peoples minds so they think a little more.
                i appreciate the stimulation
                i'm trying my best to read up and make my own decisions, i was really just unsure about the sleeves holding up. everything i've read says that the sleeves themselves are strong and my tuner said he hadn't done a setup like this but that he thinks it should work well.
                OHIO CB7'S #11
                SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Working...
                X