Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

WHAT ARE THE SPECS OF THE tdo5 14b TURBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT ARE THE SPECS OF THE tdo5 14b TURBO

i picked this one up once again from craigslist. the kid i bought it from had replaced it because he blew his other turbo. then he upgraded it to a 20g and has had it sitting for almost a year. the good thing is it has no shaft play at all and it has about 9,000 miles on it. it came with the down pipe, j pipe, actuator and the oil return line. all for $80 and about i'd say about $6 of gas.

can't wait to boost this bitch already.

when i mean specs what i want to know is what's the horsepower rating? what's the most you can boost out of this turbo without breaking shit?
    other questions are where can i buy good or which ones are good oil return line,oil intake line,coolant lines, and air lines.

MOVING TO BACK FLORIDA IN 2 WEEKS. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK OVER THERE.

you have alot of research to do before you just "throw that turbo on there"
    to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
    Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

if you wanna boost, reading is def required. but to answer a few of your questions:

what engine you running.
      you can run up to 10lbs on stock internals high mileage with a great tune!
      tune is the key as almost everyone will tell you along with non-ebay parts.

the dsm route is sweet, but what are your plans for the rest of the gear, such as:

manifold
      wastegate (keep it internal)
      bov
      injectors

and if this is your DD you might wanna reconsider due to the fact that more power equals more problems.
      so dig in there are a bunch of us that ran the dsm setups and the 14b is a quick spoolingturbo. we likie!!!

good luck! and dont stop regardless, but it is a drug and its hard to stop.
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

More Info

acc0rd_adicti0n: you have alot of research to do before you just "throw that turbo on there"
        i have been doing research and i know more or less what i have to do before i slap in the turbo but that's why where here to learn from each other and each others mistake. thanks for the concern man.

THANKS drummersteve7 i inputted everything in red for you i appreciate the help
        drummersteve7: if you wanna boost, reading is def required. but to answer a few of your questions: yea i know i have but couldn't find what i needed or didn't enter the right search words

what engine you running. F22A1
        you can run up to 10lbs on stock internals high mileage with a great tune! thanks i was going to set it at like 8
        tune is the key as almost everyone will tell you along with non-ebay parts. yea that's true. i got this guy in kankakee,il that tune with chrome. ebay is out of the picture for me man

the dsm route is sweet, but what are your plans for the rest of the gear, such as: if you look at my rides thread man i have been lucky lately. i picked up a 1g dsm BOV for $25 in indiana 2 days agoand a 1g dsm exhuast manifold for $20 in schuamburg yesterday and the turbo for $100 today in schaumburg aswell. shit if you ask me im doing pretty good on the turbo build with out a job

manifold got it
        wastegate (keep it internal) got it
        bov got it
        injectors looking for them still

and if this is your DD you might wanna reconsider due to the fact that more power equals more problems. yea i know im not going cheap on anything at all man.
        so dig in there are a bunch of us that ran the dsm setups and the 14b is a quick spoolingturbo. we likie!!!

good luck! and dont stop regardless, but it is a drug and its hard to stop. don't worry bro as long as i relapse into a bigger turbo then it's cool
        where can i buy good or which ones are good oil return line,oil intake line,coolant lines, and air lines.
        Last edited by 93 LX COUPE; 11-01-2009, 12:13 AM.

Comment

sounds like your on to a good start now...first you should check the compression on the motor and do a leak down test to see if your gonna have any problems...and 2nd the itake manifold will do you no good on this motor as it doesnt fit...only the exhaust manifold fits with a lil drilling...not a bad start.....as they said above the lif of your motor relies on your tune...and important non-ebay parts...unless it like intercooler piping...boost safe...its really hard to let go of boost...and theres no rehab center for it...
          OLD

Comment

stealthmodeperformance.com has great stuff for complete oil kits.
            here is a link for what you need.

$85 just order Honda/Acura 14B
            also works for 16g / TD05 / T3, in case you wanna upgrade later.

Link to stealthmode.com
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

Just Replying

manny_turbo sounds like your on to a good start now...first you should check the compression on the motor and do a leak down test to see if your gonna have any problems...and 2nd the itake manifold will do you no good on this motor as it doesnt fit...only the exhaust manifold fits with a lil drilling...not a bad start.....as they said above the lif of your motor relies on your tune...and important non-ebay parts...unless it like intercooler piping...boost safe...its really hard to let go of boost...and theres no rehab center for it...
              my bad i made the correction and i meant to say exhuast manifold

drummersteve7 stealthmodeperformance.com has great stuff for complete oil kits.
              here is a link for what you need.

$85 just order Honda/Acura 14B
              also works for 16g / TD05 / T3, in case you wanna upgrade later.
              thanks drummersteve7 your alot of help man. i will check that link out

Comment

no worries. honestly, if you wanna learn jump into it.
                reading is good but your knowledge increases with experience.

read the turbo installation instructions a bunch of times before you dig into this.
                I did about 40 times. crossed parts off as I recieved them, good installation
                instructions, for sure! and a ton of members who know what they are talking about.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

drummersteve7: no worries. honestly, if you wanna learn jump into it.
                  reading is good but your knowledge increases with experience.

read the turbo installation instructions a bunch of times before you dig into this.
                  I did about 40 times. crossed parts off as I recieved them, good installation
                  instructions, for sure! and a ton of members who know what they are talking about.
                  thanks for the help man you have been really helpfull because the searching on this forum is kinda hard to find exactly want you want. if you enter exactly what you want you get a bunch of extra stuff that really has nothing to do with what you want

yea that's a really good write on the turbo install and i have been crossing stuff from my list. i have read it like 10 times. about knowledge i use to be an all motor guy but it gets expensive and i also sold my car aswell when i was 20 years (88 hf crx fully built b16 head with a b20 stock bottom whooping people ). now about turbo i could say i need a little bit of schooling because i don't want to blow shit up.

Comment

Working...
                  X