Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

air to water intercooler in winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air to water intercooler in winter

I am thinking about switching to a/w intercooler on my turbo F22. The temp during the winter months here in PA is usually between 20 and 40 degrees F.
    Would I have to run it dry in winter or can I add some coolant? and if yes, how much coolant?
    Thanks guys

Definetely add some anti-freeze to the water, a 50/50 mix should be fine. That will prevent the water from freezing in the lines while the system is off.

-Kyle
    SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
    -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I do it right

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
        Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I do it right
        Personally id be more into using winshield wiper fluid myself.....
        750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
        realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

^^ u serious man?
          Im curious if so!

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post
            Personally id be more into using winshield wiper fluid myself.....
            NO WAY! That stuff will rot out lines, and Washer Fluid has soaps in it.

I'd say, stick with antifreeze.
            90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

Working...
            X