Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

fmu question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fmu question

so how do the ratios work on fmu's .ive seen 10:1 12:1 and all this other stuff what does it mean

adds 10 psi of fuel pressure per pound of boost 10:1
    adds 12 psi of fuel pressure per pound of boost 12:1

ex with 10:1 at 3 pounds of boost you are at 30 pounds over stock fuel pressure

Real engine management is so cheap why mess around with that.

Comment

well it seems like the best wat to go for me why , what would you recomend ? its for my f22b1 im going to be turboing to make the car get out of its own way lol

Comment

Originally posted by lowprofile View Post
        well it seems like the best wat to go for me why , what would you recomend ? its for my f22b1 im going to be turboing to make the car get out of its own way lol

I don't know this person or anything but
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...99#post2507999

Then get it tuned

Comment

An FMU is no subsitute for an easily tunable and chippable ecu. It will cost you a lot less in the long run, and the car will run 10x better than just throwing more fuel at it with more boost.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

hey i tried to go on that site and it requires a password and mine doesnt work. and as far as chiping the computor , im in colorado there is only a few shops out here and they charge out theA$$ for anything computor work. and would cost me over a thousand bucks and they wont do dry chips or just chip the computor with no tune ?? so thats why i was gonna go with the fmu

Comment

He was pointing you towards the for sale forum. Read the disclaimer to learn the password and save it for future visits. If you can't find someone to chip yours search the classifieds and buy a chipped ecu or goto sites such as xenocron.com or phearable.net and order one. It only costs about $200 or so. Or if you want something more advanced try Haltech or AEM EMS.
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Hondas and FMUs don't go together.

That is like installing Microsoft Office 1990 (yes it did exist) onto a brand new computer equipped with Win7 and trying to run your company with that setup.

1. It is using super old technology that is very inefficient 2. It will be hard to even get it work 3. People will laugh at you.

If your car "cannot get out of its own way" then your engine probably needs a major tune up or a rebuild. Last time i checked, an F22B1 moves an Accord just fine unless you are planning on racing it.

Install your turbo kit, disconnect the charge pipe and drive the car to a reputable tuner. Then connect the charge piping, install your injectors (takes 10min) and have it tuned.

Hell, if you have a day or two of free time you could do some research and learn how to tune it yourself. All the things that are available now make the process pretty straight forward.

Comment

It will take more than a day or two to learn how to tune.....
                  spin city

Comment

Well I don't think it is that difficult to learn how to tune a basic stock motor turbo setup. You basically only need a wideband and an electronic detonation detector aka "Listen Up". As long as the AFRs are in the 11s-low12s and it's not detonating, it will last

Comment

just get a chipped ecu and chrome ftw

Comment

a veteran callin it chrome...wtf? justin get your shit together.
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

chrome supports vtech! crome does not!

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                            It will take more than a day or two to learn how to tune.....
                            This x elenty billion thousand million gazillion trillion.

Find someone in your area that at least is a good street tuner.

Comment

Not to be disrespectful, but honestly, with all the tuning software and hardware that is available now, I could teach my mother how to tune an engine and I'm not exaggerating at all.

Installing the hardware = easy, about the same difficulty level as installing aftermarket speakers

Installing the software = clicking "Next" and "Finish"

Creating a basemap for boost = the software does it automatically.

Choosing the right plugs = 2 min of google search.

Datalogging = clicking the Datalog or Connect button.

Tuning the fuel = 20 min of reading the Crome Beginners Guide, about 2 hours of research on how OBDI works, and then it's simply clicking the Up or Down arrow.

Fine tuning the timing, fine tuning the fuel for tip-in, etc = about 5-6 hours of research and then it's a matter or doing a pull, analyzing the log, and doing a few clicks with your mouse.

Done.

Hell if you have some cash left, rent a dyno and finish fine tuning on a dyno

As mentioned above, with all the tools that are available, you get a lot of data to work with. A quality wideband is only ~ 200 now, then egt, det can, super easy datalogging, real time tuning, all the forums online where you can find the answer to virtually any problem you may have... honestly what else do you need? It's not like the OP is trying to achieve 1500hp

Comment

Working...
                              X