Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo auto

so what are the goods an bads about turbo'n a auto f22b cb7 i wana hear it from u also what kinda tune i can do/use to tune it rite

im gunna be using a t3/t4 turbo 3" tubing 440cc's full 3' down pipe an full 3' exhaust piping

Turbo automatic would always be in boost since you dont have to come off the gas pedal....my buddy had an auto sr20det 240sx(s14) and bad ran a 13.5 with just 3in exhaust and greddy frontmount.
    Originally posted by steezyteg
    lmfao rota 5 star dude theyre called rota slipstreams

Comment

Originally posted by Onebaddcb7 View Post
      Turbo automatic would always be in boost since you dont have to come off the gas pedal....my buddy had an auto sr20det 240sx(s14) and bad ran a 13.5 with just 3in exhaust and greddy frontmount.
      hehe that might be to much fun haha

Comment

tranny is gonna go after awhile trannies are very fragile.
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          tranny is gonna go after awhile trannies are very fragile.
          i might just do da swap on an 5 speed car thati might get soon

Comment

I researched this pretty heavily when i had my first accord...if your staying automatic you need to beef up your transmission.This meaning geting an aftermarket torque convertor,stall,and flexplate.With the money you will spend getting your automatic ready for boost,you could have swapped to a 5 speed twice.

Straight answer,can you boost on an automatic? Yes.

Will it last without supporting upgrades? No.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
              I researched this pretty heavily when i had my first accord...if your staying automatic you need to beef up your transmission.This meaning geting an aftermarket torque convertor,stall,and flexplate.With the money you will spend getting your automatic ready for boost,you could have swapped to a 5 speed twice.

Straight answer,can you boost on an automatic? Yes.

Will it last without supporting upgrades? No.

ya i really dont like da auto set up but hopefully ill be buying a 92 ex coupe thats 5 speed just gunna work on turboing that an keeping this auto annd maybe make it 5 speed but i will have 95% of da speed parts - the tranny an motor mounts but it should be to hare to get it u know? so maybe ill have 2 great cb7s by the spring if i play my cards rite!!

Comment

i installed a turbo on my auto but realise how retarded i was.....so i took it off, sold it and did my 5 speed swap.....so much fun...i gave up turbo for 5speed

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

blazen_accord has a turbo auto h22. He's making over 400whp, I think... I believe it's on the stock block and trans, too. At least he was a few years ago when I saw him... however, I'm sure something has given out since then.

Level10 can build an auto to handle boost. It just costs money. Tuning is difficult with auto, though. Most of the tuners on here stay away from auto. It can be done, but it's more straightforward with manual.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    blazen_accord has a turbo auto h22. He's making over 400whp, I think... I believe it's on the stock block and trans, too. At least he was a few years ago when I saw him... however, I'm sure something has given out since then.

Level10 can build an auto to handle boost. It just costs money. Tuning is difficult with auto, though. Most of the tuners on here stay away from auto. It can be done, but it's more straightforward with manual.

ya ive been looking around an thought why dont you guys all kick me in my balls an for get to auto turbo it haha jp guys but i was thinking of gettin a buddys 5 speed car an work around that in the spring time :P

Comment

Originally posted by Onebaddcb7 View Post
                      Turbo automatic would always be in boost since you dont have to come off the gas pedal....
                      Now is that actually true, because I've heard a few different responses to this.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Well, "always in boost" is a stretch... but with a 5 speed, if you value your transmission, you lift off the gas to shift. With auto, you don't. You hold the pedal down, and the transmission shifts. No closing of the throttle plate. No break in the exhaust flow that keeps the turbo spooled.

Comment

Well, "always in boost" is a stretch... but with a 5 speed, if you value your transmission, you lift off the gas to shift. With auto, you don't. You hold the pedal down, and the transmission shifts. No closing of the throttle plate. No break in the exhaust flow that keeps the turbo spooled.
                          true that man an my auto already is beat to sh*t from da da racing an what not i do to it haha

Comment

Am doing a auto turbo I got most of the stuff I need to do this project coming very soon

2014 bisimoto parts coming soon

Comment

Hello Deevergote and fellow boosted auto cb7, I still have and daily driven my turbo auto h22. As said 400+whp does not last forever on stock engine block/trans. My LSD stock JDM H22 LSD Transmission sliped after 2 years of boosted fun. I'm now still running stock JDM engine and my 2nd LSD auto transmission but at a more comportable 338whp/289tq this put less strain on the engine and transmission. Big credit to my amazing tuner and greddy E-manage Ultimate.

To fellow auto cb7, the 440cc injectors will max out at ~245whp. WHich is good since your stock engine and transmission IF still in good shape and healthy should be able to last 4+ years (better if it is an low millage jdm auto LSD transission).

Few Words of advise if not mention already:
                              1. Turbo on Auto require more fine ECU tuning, in form of tuned ECU or very good pippgyback ecu.
                              2. install additional transmission cooler, oil cooler, check and change oil/trans fluid often. Auto trans have a lot more moving parts and create more heat so got to keep the oil/fluid clean and cooled.
                              3. None/Little stop and GO races- Auto are weak getting off the line and are prone to brake axle, damage transmission. Turbo Auto shine more on rolling race where the constant in boost (at WOT) is the advantage.
                              4. Power is useless without control! 400+whp is nice number on a cb7 and is good for 1/4 at a track but it suck badly on the REAL street. You will spin tires, break axle, wear out your tire so fast it become too costly ... it like driving a v8 on a go cart track - being limited on everything and everywhere.
                              5. And last learn from other sucess and mistake. Good reliable power is alway better then limited used braging high power number.

!!Turbo for auto when done right is best of both world, 4 cylinder (gas milage- when non in boost) and v6 power/torque when you need that extra power anytime:!!) Happy Boosting...
                              90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                              < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Working...
                              X