Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Rear Turbo Set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Turbo Set up

On A TV Show On Speed. I Saw Them Do A Rear Turbo Set UP On A SS Camaro. Do You Think This Setup Would Be Good On Our Accords Since They Sit Higher Than The Stock Camaro? I Meant Of Course It Would Have To Be A Custom Job, But Atleast we Get To Save our A/C., Especially In The South Where I Reside. And Is It Turbo Setup For The CB7 Where You Actually Get To Keep Your A/C?

u can still keep ur a/c for the dsm setup u know

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      you mean a rear motor/rwd setup?

or are you talking about locating the turbo near the intake manifold....either is a waste of time unless you're doing it to prove a point.....
      No I Mean To Place The Turbo In The Rear Of The Car By The Muffler. To Understand Where I Come From You Have To Have Seen The Episode Of Two Guys Garage On Speed TV. They Put The Turbo On The Back Of The Car, 2000+ Camaro SS, Near The Muffler. How They Did It I Don't Know, But It Seemed To Be A Good Idea, and the numbers and Little Turbo Lag They Received Was Pretty Decent. It Was A Kit They Make For The Camaro It Wasn't A Custom One.

Comment

this is actually a viable way to setup a turbo...it DOES work, however it should only be used in situations where a typical turbo set up is just not able to fit. there are plenty of more efficient ways to turbo a cb7.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Is this what you are talking about? If so I brought it up earlier?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=Turbo

More comments would be welcomed. Thanks.
          Originally posted by rickyduckworth
          i'll do *** things for the OEM trunk lip spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by pirate type ARRRR
            LOL

There are SOOO many reasons that it wouldnt work. Turbo lag is caused when the velocity of exhaust gasses is not high enough in order to quickly spin the turbine. Putting the turbo in a place where the exaust velocity is extremely low would mean that it would likely never spool. Also any air would have to travel through an additional 10 feet of piping. There are just too many reasons it is impossible. Basically, dont even consider it, file this with the electric supercharger, and that tornado thing people put in their intake tubes.

quote from the last post....most of that is not true. its not just exhaust velocity that decreases spool time (technicly not "Lag", its called "boost threshold") the exhaust gas would have enough pressure/velocity/heat to spin a turbo located at the back of the car with no problem. as for the intercooler pipes, length really isnt an issue, number of bends is an issue. but intercooler pipes could wrap around the car and still you wouldnt notice much differece. mabye a bit of pressure loss. on a final note..this should in NO way be catagorized with the tornado and electric supercharger...the rear mounted turbo may not be as efficient as a typical turbo setup. but its not as bad as those too peice of junk products.

overall id say stick with a typical turbo setup on a cb7. there is no reason to use a rear mounted turbo, DSM manifolds are cheap and easy. and there is ample room for everything you need. these should be used as a LAST resort.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tone-us
              Is this what you are talking about? If so I brought it up earlier?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=Turbo

More comments would be welcomed. Thanks.
              Yes This Is Exactly What I Was Talking About, I Guess I Should Have Done A Search, But I Didn't Think This Was Something That Had Came Up Yet.

Comment

not to mention the piping would be ridiculous, but oil lines.

you'd need an extra pump to get the oil there and back

Comment

Originally posted by 90boostdaccord
                  not to mention the piping would be ridiculous, but oil lines.

you'd need an extra pump to get the oil there and back

yup, the camaro has one of those..
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                  X