Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

block guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

block guard

any body has any input on block guards for f22a's i was looking at supertech but not sure if they worth installing them any input is highly appreciated

thank!

i wouldnt bother if your going to be making under 400whp. if your making more then that, sleeving is the way to go.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Block guards are notorious for warping cylinder walls. Stay away.

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys...
        which are best? lets say for 500whp .... Darton, Golden Eagle etc. i know there are some other brands but cant remember their name.

Comment

Those two brands are the most common, and I've heard nothing but good things about both. Eitehr one should hold up just fine as long as everything is installed and tuned properly (the strongest of sleeves will crack with crazy amounts of detonation, or a poorly fitting or improperly installed piston)

Comment

thank you....

i buy and a good friend/professional will install... do it right with quality parts.

later!

Comment

That's the only way to do it, my friend!
              Too many people these days want the cheapest parts possible, then complain when their engines blow up. Do it right, do it once, enjoy it for a long time!

Comment

Does anyone here has any reviews or input on race engineering.com ? im trying to get some sleeves,pistons and rods. any recommendations are welcome.

thank you!

Comment

A blockgaurd is absolutely worthless. As far as sleeving goes GE all day. LOVE mine and theyve been beaten to sheet.
                  750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                  realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

well hey! i got one installed on my block bue i wont be makin 400ish whp till nxt spring so ill let ya kno whe nthat happens! lolol! im kinda HOPIN you guys are wrong (no offense) hahaha! i mean reeal talk, i got all the work done 2 the block 5 years ago whn i was FIRST plannig and gettin it together, but if i knew then what i know now, i would DEFFINITELY have resleeved if that helps your decision any more....

Comment

We're not wrong. I hope you're lucky.

As for Race Engineering, they've been around for quite some time, and I've never heard complaints. Their prices and selection are both quite good. Bisimoto would be my first choice when buying internals, simply because Bisi caters to this community... but raceeng would be my second choice for parts.

Comment

should the head be build and what is recommended? for example porting valve job etc.. or leave it stock with bisi internals?

*im thinking building it but would like some ideas i could use for reference.

Comment

Let me know who puts your motor together, im still thinking of boosting and you forgot the head studs (im sure you wont need them since you building it) still have em if you ever want em

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                          When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

acho mano quien te brego el motor antes? la chola tiene tornillos pelao y una valvula partia alomejor por eso brinco tiempo los tornillos de los rocker arm where loose too!

Comment

im listening to some hector lavoe salsa and taking apart the head lol

Comment

Working...
                              X