Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo manifold turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo manifold turbo project

i am right now living in Md. montgomery county the most expensive area. so i have no money for shit... but in oct. im moving to wilmington, Nc. will have money for shit... but as of now i am building my car before the move getting it prepared for a turbo. and trying to get any parts i can for the project. when i move i WILL have a nasty turboed cb7. these are my plans...
    im going to take a ss aftermarket dsm manifold from ebay or somthing can get them for $175, cut off the flange, cut off the flange to my current ss header and weld together. get a real nice t3 turbo and real nice waste gate and a fmic. a friend of mine is real good with welding and im getting a bunch of mandrel bends and welding the piping. im unsure of what type of ecu upgrades i will get if anyone has any ideas or recommendations or criticism on my future setup let me know...

what's the point of cutting the flange off??

it will only weaken the strength of the manifold. there was a post a few spots below this one that shows what happens when you do that with the ssauto manifold. go head and take a look. definitely research uberdata, best management you can get.

Comment

so i should just go ahead and re-drill the stud holes? thats fine. just thought that way if done right would be best but if not thats fine.

Comment

for ecu managment your better off getting a civic/teg OBD-1 ecu and then chipping it. Its more reliable and theres more tunability
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

what about the apex s-afc would that be any good? for a turbo application?

Comment

ok this is what i am doing instead of running the fmic right away i am going to get a smic from some car maybe saab eclipse whatever but it will go right where my battery used to be (now in trunk) this is going to make it an extremely short distance from the turbo to the engine. and right there is the coolest part under my hood. with the battery removed i can look right down that hole and see the ground. i will duct the air towards the IC and maybe also get a scoop cut right there. i want to try this first. see what kind of results i get.. plus it will be easy as hell, and even more stock looking from the outside. i know all of you people are going to say just do it right the first time. but i really think thise couild be really effective. if i dont get good results i will go with the fmic.

Comment

Originally posted by busychild0
              what about the apex s-afc would that be any good? for a turbo application?
              few hundred bucks for the saf-c(which isn't really that great), or like $100 for uberdata and you'll learn more about your car and it will run better. Your choice.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

as for uberdata is it like hondata? do you need a laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by iongerz
                  as for uberdata is it like hondata? do you need a laptop?
                  you only need a laptop if you want to datalog

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

so once i dyno it i wouldn't need to do anything else.... so therefore s-afc has no use?

Comment

I just had a custom turbo manifold made for my car. I was also able to maintain the A/C and power steering. I will be posting picks soon. If you can you may see it in person. Go to Tempest Racing in Wladorf, Md. the car is there now.
                      600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

hey kam.. where is tempest racing? how far from germantown? been looking for places. you work there?

Comment

I don't work there. They do alot of the work on my car. Check out there website. www.tempestracing.com or you can call them on 301 638-3000.
                          Get the address from the site and put it into map quest to determine how far the commute will be. Also on the site they have pics of some cars they have turbo'd. I don't think mine is on there currently.
                          600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Working...
                          X