Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 install with boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 install with boost

i recently bought a complete h22 motor and new mounts for my 92 cb7. im planing on installing that and i want to boost it. what is my limit on boost to a stock h22.>? can you give me any help on this ? finding answers on this question are hard on here

noobs

6-8 psi safely
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Funny... I searched and found 5 threads discussing boost on a stock-block H22. I posted in 3 of them myself.

I can also think of two members that are currently running boosted stock-block H22s... and both were mentioned (and commented) in the threads I found.

Of course, you spent the past 4 days calling me names because I didn't have the time to answer your questions via PM... and said "I made a thread"... which you didn't do until yesterday. Hell, you made TWO threads, because your problem is just SO freakin important!
      I suggest you spend a little less time insulting me, and a little more time actually doing some of your own research... or at least taking the advice I gave you.

My advice to you was to make a thread. You did... and it took THREE FUCKING MINUTES for you to get your answer... which, ironically, is the same answer I just gave you via PM, because I was sick of your whining.

As for those threads I found, and the members that have done what you're asking about... yeah... I'll leave you on your own to find those. It took me about 30 seconds to find that info on Google. If you can't manage that, then I STRONGLY suggest you don't attempt building a turbo setup. It's a little more difficult than a Google search, trust me.

Comment

I would say go all motor with your H22 and buy the parts to build up for turbo, your stock H22 isnt gonna witb stand boost too long, you need to get it sleeved and get some low comp pistons, larger injectors, and a good tune is a must. Your gonna end up spending more money fixing your blown engine after it gives out, cuz its not built for boost. Its better to do things the right way the first time you do it, H22s stock arent good engines to boost stock because they are nickle-plated and thar isnt good with boost, your gonna fuck your cylinder walls up, melt your pistons, ect., imma let othet people tell you, I personn I personally have a boosted H22 that im putting new low comp cp pistons in this weekend, with NIPPON piston rings, my block is sleeved, so I can run a lot more boost, also getting it re-tuned which us essential to how much boost you can push

Comment

Its all in the tune. Yeah if you want virtually no problems I would stick to 6-8psi. If you feel like taking some risks you can go up to 12psi. I just put down 363 whp on my stock internal h22a. Tuner retarded the timing and dropped it to 11 psi for now. He has tuned multiple h22's over 10psi daily driven. Also take a look at jeff evans and all of the stock block h22s he has in his dyno forum. If your going to push over eight make sure you have a well flowing turbo mani, 3 inch downpipe and exhaust. Im running the skunk2 intake mani and 70mm tb, hondata s300, 880cc injectors, t3/t40E 60trim, custom top mount mani, srt4 stage 3 intercooler, 3 inch downpipe and 3 inch straight pipe exhaust and this setup flows absolutly amazing, my numbers were smooth through the whole powerband, with conservative a/f ratios and timing, should last a decent amount of time on the streets if I don't rape it everyday
          ALL PARTS MUST GO
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157038

Link to my turbobuild/members ride
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=110483

Comment

Originally posted by rossisalvage View Post
            Its all in the tune. Yeah if you want virtually no problems I would stick to 6-8psi. If you feel like taking some risks you can go up to 12psi. I just put down 363 whp on my stock internal h22a. Tuner retarded the timing and dropped it to 11 psi for now. He has tuned multiple h22's over 10psi daily driven.
            You didn't tell me you finished! I supplied that build! Where's my cut? LMAO.

Congrats though on the finished product.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Working...
            X