Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Downpipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downpipe...

For all you people running turbos...especially the ones with "dsm kits."

Are you guys running the stock 02 Housing?

What size downpipe are you running?

Were you able to retain the AC?

and How much did it cost?

Any feedback would be appreciated!! Pics of your exhaust setup would be cool too!
    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

hey sup man
    im using da DSM stock ported o2housing rite now and im for sure you aint gonna be able to keep you ac lines. the only way to keep your ac is by using the same o2 housing that imanonymous is using, i cant find da link rite now but ill ask todd later.
    it cost me 60bucks to make my downpipe and its 2.5in crushed bent.

Comment

Originally posted by LX Rida
      For all you people running turbos...especially the ones with "dsm kits."

Are you guys running the stock 02 Housing?

What size downpipe are you running?

Were you able to retain the AC?

and How much did it cost?

Any feedback would be appreciated!! Pics of your exhaust setup would be cool too!
      im running the stock o2 housing, with only a 2" downpipe lol.(but i still put down those numbers so the haters)
      i could have keept my A/C but decided to ditch it.

and my downpipe was free due to mad tite hookups.

im getting mine re-done very soon, going with a 3" downpipe, flexpipe, and high flow cat. you can pick up the turbine downpipe flange for pretty cheap and have your downpipe welded to that. but you need an o2 bung somewhere

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
        im getting mine re-done very soon, going with a 3" downpipe, flexpipe, and high flow cat. you can pick up the turbine downpipe flange for pretty cheap and have your downpipe welded to that. but you need an o2 bung somewhere
        do you mean not using a o2 housing specific for that turbo? just a funny shaped pipe from the turbo?? cuase the o2 housings have the o2 bungs dont they?? and for at least my car thats all you need.. "DX"
        silly EX bung holes....

Comment

Originally posted by busychild0
          do you mean not using a o2 housing specific for that turbo? just a funny shaped pipe from the turbo?? cuase the o2 housings have the o2 bungs dont they?? and for at least my car thats all you need.. "DX"
          silly EX bung holes....
          i dont really understand that paragraph...

yes i mean running no DSM o2 housing.

if by "funny shapped pipe" you mean a regular pipe welded to a "funny shapped" flange, then yes thats what i mean. yes the o2 housing has an o2 bung in it..thats why its called an o2 housing. but you cannot connect a 3" downpipe to a stock DSM o2 housing, at least not easily or efficiently

Comment

yeah you got it.. but i see what your sayin now...

Comment

can someone point out where these flanges are? Ana Accord R33, what o2 housing do I have, the dsm one I am taking it right?
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                can someone point out where these flanges are? Ana Accord R33, what o2 housing do I have, the dsm one I am taking it right?
                yes the dsm one
                http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=34894.0

you need the "downpipe flage" for the 14b, way at the bottom. $20.00
                Last edited by Accord R33; 03-16-2005, 10:01 PM.

Comment

can't see the page. I don't have a username there and it wont let me make one. So I can't have a custom flange made, or would that be too much work and money?
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

can't see the page. I don't have a username there and it wont let me make one. So I can't have a custom flange made, or would that be too much work and money?
                    nah you could have one made no problem...it looks like this

Comment

ok ao let me get some things straight. WHy do you guys not run the dsm housing? So you can buy that flange, take the dsm housing off, and run the downpipe straight form there, but then you need to but an o2 bung in. And if you use the dsm one you can't keep you ac lines but it already has an o2 bung. Is that right?
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

so there is no way to keep your AC lines ?
                        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                          so there is no way to keep your AC lines ?
                          yes you can keep your A/C lines with the DSM manifold.

Gdout is spreading trash talk! trash i tell ya!

Comment

so it doesn't really matter if you run the dsm o2 housing then. It just that that flange would be ideal for a bigger downpipe and improved flow. I just need to have a flange made of the o2 housing then the downpipe made. And I can use the o2 housing/sensor to put my WBo2 sensor in, right? I just have to wire a few more wires to simulate the narrowband.
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

so it doesn't really matter if you run the dsm o2 housing then. It just that that flange would be ideal for a bigger downpipe and improved flow. I just need to have a flange made of the o2 housing then the downpipe made. And I can use the o2 housing/sensor to put my WBo2 sensor in, right? I just have to wire a few more wires to simulate the narrowband.
                              you got it

Comment

Working...
                              X