Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 250whp, a cam shouldn't be necessary. Even an A6 cam probably won't be. 250whp is pretty low, especially when you have internals that can handle boost.
    If 250whp is all you need, put care into the internals, get a properly sized turbo and a good intercooler, and get it tuned on a dyno. A bone stock head should get you there, and be perfectly reliable.

Comment

Okay sounds good. Im still undecided about what turbo to get though. The 3 im considering are in my "turbo help" thread.

Comment

The best thing to do when picking a turbo is to learn how to read compressor maps. toycar has posted a few very useful things about that. The man knows a good deal about turbos (he's a DSM guy, afterall...)

Really, though... for 250whp, you have a good deal of "wiggle room". Even a setup that isn't absolutely perfect should be able to get you there reliably enough, as long as you assemble the motor properly, and tune it carefully.
        People have done 250whp on bone stock F22As, running 20 year old DSM turbos and a street-tuned P06 ECU. Granted, they didn't last long, but even a halfassed setup like that could achieve your goals for a short time! Do it with forged internals and a quality new (or properly rebuilt) turbo, and have the ECU tuned properly on a dyno, and 250whp should be damn near as reliable as a healthy stock N/A F22A.

Comment

Okay thanks for your help deev. Now I just have to start saving!

Comment

Working...
          X