Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

smic few pic old setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like a very neatly done setup. Props for the good engineering!!
    I pooped a hammer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
      thanks blazen, so I should be fine with this turbo for now? Since its based on throttle position, most of the time I am less than half on it. Highway I feather it to about 20% at most. As long as the boost does not harm the motor on long trips, power output can be changed later. I can alway switch to a 14B later. Since I have a smaller displacement, then my car is similar to a manual F22 as far as RPM's go correct? Also, I heard somewhere that boost is safer on the motor at low RPM's than at higher ones.. is this true? I believe it said something about the downstroke of the piston and utilizing that power? My goals are a safe, daily driver, @ 8 lbs, 200ish whp and torquey
      Your driving habit will change once you learn to drive turbo. with NA you will get nowhere unless u slam the gas to about 60-100% throttle. I myself go 100% throttle when ever I need to pass someone or speed up when still not turbo yet. Once I have my turbo I find it no longer needed to slam the gas more then 40% to do what I do at 80-100% throttle when NA. WIth the added TQ down low, you will feel like having an V6 engine. my driving habbit change from going WOT all any change I get, to taking it easy and feather the gas. Turbo has an efficientcy(sp?) number and an airflow vs rpm range. A big turbo will required high rpm to make max power, while small turbo produce more TQ power in lower RPM. SO it an trade off between HP and TQ at a giving range of RPM that your turbo and engine can go.

200whp@8psi hmm that really depend how much does your current engine hp rated? with small turbo your HP/psi is less then compare to bigger turbo where 8hp/psi is realistic and even 14hp/psi can be seen. SAmple output from stock T25 turbo will be 6-7hp/psi. your JDM F20A make 150HP at the crank that about 125whp-130whp if you have an 5 speed and engine in good condition.
      at 8psi you will net about ~170whp-180whp and about 200wtq. You will need to run at 10-12 psi to get over 200whp, but your engine might not last too long. MAKE SURE YOU GET DYNO TUNE WITH AN RICH AIR FUEL RATIO ABOUT 10.5:1 JUST TO BE SAFE, Then you can enjoy your turbo car, IF noT Tune and you take your car for a few laps and floor it max a few time, less then a week your engine will blow white smoke out the breather valve and from exhaust tip from blown headgasket and fried psiton ring. !0.5:1 is on the rich side of A/f ratio, and it will make less hp but will give you more TQ and I rather waist a bit of gas then to have an blown engine. If you have black smoke from exhaust that way to much gas...and badly tuned..
      Last edited by blazen_accord; 03-29-2005, 11:03 PM.
      90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
      < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Wow thanks, im learning alot from this thread! So I need to look around for a turbo that makes the best hp@8psi? Does anyone have the flow specs of a 13G compared to a T25? or a 14B? I supposed that torque is better to have than hp at this point, since I would put less stress on the motor. I want to run Uberdata so i will start to get familiar with it, but is a wideband o2 neccessary?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
        11.68 @ 127mph
        417whp/375wtq
        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

compressor maps say the "big" 16g, T3 super 60, and the T3/T4s are the best turbos for the F22.

of all the turbos you just listed. the 14b is the biggest. but even that is a little bit to small if your going for max efficiency

if you want 200ish whp and torquey the 14b isnt a bad choice...thats the turbo i used to put down the numbers in my sig at 8psi. and that was stock exhaust

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
            Also, I heard somewhere that boost is safer on the motor at low RPM's than at higher ones.. is this true? I believe it said something about the downstroke of the piston and utilizing that power?
            you have this correct. its a common misconception that if you double the power output of your engine (with turbo) you are doubling the stress on the motor. its completely un-true. like you said, turbo makes it power at mid stroke where there really isnt any strain on the motor. the only time there is real strain is at Top dead center and bottom dead center. most people dont realize it but high revs are MUCH more destructive than boost.

the stress on the motor is equal to the change in RPMs squared. so if you tripple your RPMs you are putting 9 times the stress on the motor.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Thats true, but dont forget boosting in fifth at like 2000 is really bad bad for your engine. Boosting in the first 3 gears isnt really a problem but when your cruising in 4th or fifth and go full throttle is a bad thing. Even NA going full throttle in fifth in low rpm is not good for the engine. It puts more load and stress on the motor. Most of the blown engines I have seen have happened in full throttle or someone boosting hard in 4th or 5th gear.

Comment

Working...
              X