Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

pcv delete with boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pcv delete with boost?

what do i need to upgrade or delete with boost. because i know if you run boost with the pcv system and it fails it can boost alot of pressure on the crank case and blow out my ring. thanks

un plug from intake and cap off...get a 90 degree fitting and stuff in to the spot were the pcv valve goes and run it to a catch can.run the other line to the cold side intake of the turbo pipe so its constant vacuum source.also stick one of those little breather filters on the left side breather hole.

my new turbo build

Comment

okay awesome i didnt know if the pcv system went to anything else like the brake booster or the map...and also what size map do accords have and what power can you run with he stock map.

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
        okay awesome i didnt know if the pcv system went to anything else like the brake booster or the map...and also what size map do accords have and what power can you run with he stock map.
        that depends...if your swaped, the map on the throttle body is limited to 11.5 psi.but our box stock maps can reach 14.5 or so psi befor craping out.how the pcv system works is it relives crank case pressure.on a n/a setup its a constant vacume source so no air will be forced into the engine.but with boost you are forcing air into your block also forcing the air out threw the breather hole.

my new turbo build

Comment

okay and if i want to run more boost what do i swap the map to?

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
            okay and if i want to run more boost what do i swap the map to?
            you would want a throttle body mounted one.most of the honda 2 bar and up map sensors are throttle body mounted and can be had for a easy $100 like a hondata or speed factory one.

my new turbo build

Comment

okay cool, will it work with my aem ems? and is it plug and play or do i have to upgrade other stuff as well?

Comment

Hondata is plug and play. It will work with aem ems, it just has to be set up properly.

Comment

AEM makes map sensors too, I have there 5 bar in my car. Mines not mounted to the throttle body though I run a vacuum line to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X