Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

boosted F20B dohc vtec.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boosted F20B dohc vtec.

hey guys just recently finished up my boosted F20B dohc vtec 100% bone stock. stock head, stock headstuds, stock rods, stock pistons. etc....

i finished it up the end of this past winter. (2012) and april 14th 2012 i went to innovative motorworks in carlisle, PA to get tuned. and i was more than happy with the results. i did not expect it to go as well as it did.

final numbers were 327whp 240lb ft.... this was on wastegate pressure at 7psi. on a bullseye power 57trim with a .70ar exhaust housing. and full 3" exhaust.

parts used to reach this power goal.
    bullseye power 57trim with upgraded .70ar exhaust housing
    injector dynamics 1000cc injectors
    go autoworks Large front mount intercooler kit
    BRMS h22 twisted ram manifold
    turbosmart 38mm wastegate 7psi spring
    full 3" straight pipe exhaust.

there are lots more but these are the essentials to a healthy and efficient turbo setup. im thinking of putting cp pistons on my spare set of f20B rods and putting head studs in and going for 400. i will upload pics of the car and dyno plots as well

You should plan on forged internals sooner than later. The stock ringlands won't hold for long, and they could do damage to the sleeves when they break.
    Very nice numbers, though!

Comment

Thanks yeah I'm deft. Looking to get custom 85mm pistons and probably keep the 11.1 cr and switch to e85 and turn it up a few psi. I've read and heard these rods will handle 400 so I think we will try it out

Comment

Boost doesn't put as much strain on the rods as high-revving NA applications do, so they may be ok. Stock rods usually don't work with aftermarket pistons without some modification to one or both, though.

To be honest, I don't think anything over 300whp is all that useful on a street-driven FWD car anyway! Traction becomes pretty difficult to maintain at that point, unless you're looking for drag performance.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Boost doesn't put as much strain on the rods as high-revving NA applications do, so they may be ok. Stock rods usually don't work with aftermarket pistons without some modification to one or both, though.

To be honest, I don't think anything over 300whp is all that useful on a street-driven FWD car anyway! Traction becomes pretty difficult to maintain at that point, unless you're looking for drag performance.
          he has a reallly good point im at 321whp and 310 tq and even on slicks i break loose in 3rd or 4th..power shift....ppppfffftt forget it i spin for days on end.i also want to add, im surprised no one mention this yet.horse power is nothing with out tq.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
            he has a reallly good point im at 321whp and 310 tq and even on slicks i break loose in 3rd or 4th..power shift....ppppfffftt forget it i spin for days on end.i also want to add, im surprised no one mention this yet.horse power is nothing with out tq.
            You need a limited slip and decent tires, I hook more than that in 2nd with drag radials on the street.

Nice #'s OP

Comment

Pics of the twisted ram style intake. Sounds fancy!
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                Pics of the twisted ram style intake. Sounds fancy!
                It's a ram horn design turbo exhaust manifold made here locally in NC.

http://blueridgemotorsports.com/

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

The 400 was more for drag racing and just running waste gate on the street. Car actually made 340 before we pulled a degree of timing. Now remember guys I don't have the stroke you guys have with the f22 hense why my tq is more like a b series.

Comment

I was taking apart a spare h22 I have and I noticed stock rod bolts on the h22 are studs with a nut. My spare f20b has 12pt. Rod bolts similar to the arp style. Hmmm... Odd

Comment

this is good to know. i to have a F20B and all my turbo parts from my last H22. ill be watching this thread closely

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                        this is good to know. i to have a F20B and all my turbo parts from my last H22. ill be watching this thread closely
                        Ryan's build is already finished... He's just sharing it so everybody can get a bit of an idea on how he did it and how it worked

Comment

Do you have A/C or can it fit? I really like the look of this manifold but I definitely want to keep my A/C. I'm hoping our bigger bays can accomodate it compared to the Civics they were designed for,
                          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I do not have ac. I'm not sure if it's ac compatible but you could talk to the guys at blue ridge motorsports they are great guys and I'm sure they would be able to help you with that

Comment

is this car still going? I just want to see how long stock internals last in f20b?

93 accord coupe lxr
                              10 fusion se slammed

Comment

Working...
                              X