Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Tranny for boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny for boost

I'm getting ready to start my boosted h22 build shooting for 300+ whp

And am wondering about transmissions..

Which tranny would be the best for my planned setup, h22,h23,f22?
    I don't know if I want to spring for an oem LSD or if its not worth it and I should just get an aftermarket LSD installed ?

How much power is any factory trans gonna take?

Thanks

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
    I'm getting ready to start my boosted h22 build shooting for 300+ whp

And am wondering about transmissions..

Which tranny would be the best for my planned setup, h22,h23,f22?
    I don't know if I want to spring for an oem LSD or if its not worth it and I should just get an aftermarket LSD installed ?

How much power is any factory trans gonna take?

Thanks
    This topic has been covered plenty of times but im going to chime in since noone else has. Okay the first thing off for topspeed which I doubt youll get to that speed you would use the f22. For the quartermile you would want to use the h22 to get you into your powerband quicker. You would also have to let us know your setup of what you completely to even consider its worth.

Comment

You're going to need a good clutch, that's the first thing. I would recommend a cc twin disk if you plan on doing the 1/4 mile. You will also maybe want some good synchros. If you are really looking for something good but expensive a Saenz gear set would be great. As for the LSD its not a must, I pulled a 1.78 60ft time with a non LSD tranny, don't know how much better it would have been with and lsd installed

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        This topic has been covered plenty of times but im going to chime in since noone else has. Okay the first thing off for topspeed which I doubt youll get to that speed you would use the f22. For the quartermile you would want to use the h22 to get you into your powerband quicker. You would also have to let us know your setup of what you completely to even consider its worth.
        I know the difference between h and f, I'm just looking to figure which one is better for a boosted setup

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
          I know the difference between h and f, I'm just looking to figure which one is better for a boosted setup
          And im telling you if your going for top speed go for the f22 if your going for quartermiles and drag racing go for the h22 because it helps you get into your powerband quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
            You're going to need a good clutch, that's the first thing. I would recommend a cc twin disk if you plan on doing the 1/4 mile. You will also maybe want some good synchros. If you are really looking for something good but expensive a Saenz gear set would be great. As for the LSD its not a must, I pulled a 1.78 60ft time with a non LSD tranny, don't know how much better it would have been with and lsd installed
            Why just a twindisk for just 300whp. A heavyduty street/strip should do him good.

Comment

f22 trans
              COUPE K24

Comment

Thread Moved to Forced Induction....

Please post in the appropriate sub-forum. The general section is not to be used by anyone except for moderators and staff.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Sorry about the wrong section,

My only concern with the f22 trans is shifting and the motor falling in and out of vtec, with forced induction won't the constant cam changeover wreak havoc on the tune/motor itself?

Also 300 is a baseline, I'm hoping for more like 4-500,
                  god knows the block will take it

Comment

H series will be best, you will also need to consider what size tires you will be useing as that will change your mph in each gear as well.

Comment

for 300hp oem trans is sufficient w/ proper clutch and fly. money would be best spent on an LSD add-on and proper ( i stress PROPER ) turbo.

if you want extreme build then i know for sure one ( if not a few by now ) preludepower member(s) got some strait cut gears made and had a very extensive set up.
                      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Check it out though if your going to have it put the f22 transmission get it rebuilt by gearspeed. I would go with the h22 transmission. trust me if your going that fast if you have a 11.5 flywheel you wont fall out trust me.

Comment

When you get it tuned you can have the vtec set a lil lower than oem so u won't fall out of it...from wat I understand vtec works off of oil pressure. As long as u maintain that level of pressure to activate the tech system u won't fall out...

Now I nooooo some1 will correct me cuz I'm prolly wrong. But if I'm wrong ill suck it up and learn learn learn. This community is about helping. Not bashing. I have 5 k posts, still don't no all like I should.
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                            When you get it tuned you can have the vtec set a lil lower than oem so u won't fall out of it...from wat I understand vtec works off of oil pressure. As long as u maintain that level of pressure to activate the tech system u won't fall out...

Now I nooooo some1 will correct me cuz I'm prolly wrong. But if I'm wrong ill suck it up and learn learn learn. This community is about helping. Not bashing. I have 5 k posts, still don't no all like I should.
                            vtec is oil pressure operated, I have done a lot of tuning of these motors N/A and you can play with the engagement point a bit, but every set of cams has a sweet spot. where they make good smooth power

Comment

Here's the best set up:
                              -quaife LSD
                              -cc twin disk clutch
                              -synchrotech synchros
                              -Saenz gearset

Total cost: approx $5000

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22
                              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                              X