Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

wastegate on downpipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wastegate on downpipe?

the turbo bug got me again and i started looking for a turbo manifold. then i ran across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-TURBO-HE...ea164c&vxp=mtr

this is interesting because, it looks like it retains the factory flange for the cat, and looks pretty stock. then i noticed the w/g flange is welded on the DP. wouldnt that make it not work? i always thought it was supposed to be mounted on the manifold or the turbo.

is this worth the price? seems like they took a lot of the work out getting a DP fabbed.
    COUPE K24

That isn't where you mount the wastegate it is a flange so you can recirculate the dump tube into the exhaust. It says it in the description*

Comment

If you look closely you can see the flange for the wastegate on the manifold.

Its there, right where you expect it to be.

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
      That isn't where you mount the wastegate it is a flange so you can recirculate the dump tube into the exhaust. It says it in the description*

Like he said, what you are seeing on the DP is for the WG to feed into. Ideally the DP will look similar to a Y on the end. One end going to the hot side of the turbo, the other to the WG. The WG will be much smaller in diameter.

The WG DP doesn't look like its supplied in that kit.
      Last edited by toycar; 12-17-2012, 10:37 AM.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Toycar is right.it even says so in the decription of the item.

my new turbo build

Comment

im a noob. haha.
          COUPE K24

Comment

I have one of these kits in my garage. The fitment was brutal and the wastegate didn't meet up with the recirculating flange anyways

Comment

Working...
            X