Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Looking for Boost/WideBand combo gauge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Boost/WideBand combo gauge.

Hello all,

As the title states im looking for a boost/wideband gauge for my cb7, so far iv found the AEM Boost/Wideband Fail safe for $300 a bit much seeing how the failsafe feature does'nt work with NepTune. Other then that all i can find are no-name or brands i'v never heard of selling them. Anyone have any experience with a certain company they like ?
    Last edited by tutsuo; 02-22-2013, 03:23 PM.
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

If you don't need or can use the Failsafe, why not this one? Or try Innovate's MTX-L.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
      If you don't need or can use the Failsafe, why not this one? Or try Innovate's MTX-L.
      Wideband and Boost im looking for.

Something like this VEI Dual Gauge: Boost (PSI) + Wideband (AFR)$89.10

It requires this : Requires senders SEN-P70B for vacuum-boost and wideband oxygen sensor/controller such as Innovate's LC-1, LM-1, PLX Device's, WBO2, etc.

I dont know what that is. So its saying i need the SEN-P70B for vacuum-boost and LC-1, LM-1, PLX Device's, WBO2 for Wideband or any wideband will work ?
      Last edited by tutsuo; 02-22-2013, 03:54 PM.
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

That's what I get for not reading. AFAIK AEM is the only maker of such, other than the small time chumps you may come along. Maybe somebody with actual experience might chime in, but I dunno.

How's Neptune working so far? You're my only reference other than 98vtec.

Comment

That's what I get for not reading. AFAIK AEM is the only maker of such, other than the small time chumps you may come along. Maybe somebody with actual experience might chime in, but I dunno.

How's Neptune working so far? You're my only reference other than 98vtec.
          To be honest, great! Some times difficult when tunning to get A/F to work but it comes out in the end. (Chipped P28 on NepTune) If i had the money i'd get Hondata or AEM Stand-Alone.

Comment

I did some digging, RealStreetPerformance via eBay is your best bet. They are already $16 cheaper and they have it as best offer. I don't think you can steal it for $200 or anything but maybe start at $250 and see what happens, then let us know how much mark-up these bad boys have.

Comment

I did some digging, RealStreetPerformance via eBay is your best bet. They are already $16 cheaper and they have it as best offer. I don't think you can steal it for $200 or anything but maybe start at $250 and see what happens, then let us know how much mark-up these bad boys have.
              Thanks buddy, i'll check it out.

Comment

Have you looked into zeitronix?

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                  Have you looked into zeitronix?
                  Talk about a hole in the wall looking company, though i was able to find the multi-guage.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ZR-2/ZR-2.shtml

Still looks shady and extremely cheap product. Have you worked with this product before ? I might just have to say fuck it and go with AEM :[
                  Last edited by tutsuo; 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I've had my zeitronix zt unit since my first turbo build in 2005. For laptop datalogging of boost,egt, and a/f, it's great.

The only reason I may change is because of integration of the unit with my hondata s300
                    Last edited by Boost_Lee; 02-25-2013, 08:49 PM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Check out the Prologger. Its what most of us high HP boosted hondas here in colorado use. It is a wideband, boost controller, nitrous controller, datalogger and pretty much the only thing youll ever need other than a laptop for tuning your car. Prologger

Most important feature of it is that if it senses your engine going lean for any reason it will reduce boost pressure (or shut off nitrous if your using that) until the target air fuel ratio is obtained. It works very well and can save your motor if something is off with your tune or a fuel pump or injector fails etc.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                        Check out the Prologger. Its what most of us high HP boosted hondas here in colorado use. It is a wideband, boost controller, nitrous controller, datalogger and pretty much the only thing youll ever need other than a laptop for tuning your car. Prologger

Most important feature of it is that if it senses your engine going lean for any reason it will reduce boost pressure (or shut off nitrous if your using that) until the target air fuel ratio is obtained. It works very well and can save your motor if something is off with your tune or a fuel pump or injector fails etc.
                        Wow pretty cool not gunna lie but thats crazy expensive, and i kinda just want a gauge :P

Comment

not blowing your motor is worth the extra couple hundred.

member ride thread
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                            not blowing your motor is worth the extra couple hundred.
                            Im on a P28 on NepTune, those features wouldnt work anyways...

Comment

its a stand alone unit, all the features would work.

member ride thread
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

Working...
                              X