Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

dsm car years, make, models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dsm car years, make, models

aiight, due to my destroyed transmission, i have decided to go ahead and just turbocharge my car. i am going junkyard hopping tomorow, and i want to know what year, make, and models are considered 1st Gen, and what year, makes, and models are considered 2nd gen.

The one's that look like boxes are 1st gen's. The one's that look like bubbles are 2nd gen's. That is all.

Comment

Comment

it doesnt really matter...all the turbo parts will work from either or. The 1g came with a 14b and the 2g came with the T25. also, the 1g BOV is much better, but the 2g manifold is supposedly better.

if you cant distiguish between a first and second gen DSM you have issues lol

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

no thats not what i meant. if i want to go to the junkyard and ask for parts, when i say 1st gen dsm the guy has no idea wtf i am talking about. he needs models, and years. such as eclipse 94-99...

Comment

will theyre turbos fit on our cb7s??
            The Car

Comment

will theyre turbos fit on our cb7s?

yes they will fit our cars. r33 is selling kits so if you want one get one but dont install it yourself take it to a shop that has put turbos on before so they dont f*ck it up. Im installing mine when i get one because i have done it before (on a olds bravada). So in the end i would just get one from r33 like i am soon

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
              bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

89-94 are 1st gens
                95-99 are 2nd gens

also for the models all of the following are turboed
                GSX eclipse
                GST eclipse
                TSI talon
                RS lazer (I am pretty sure ALL RS's are turbo but I cant confirm that .. I had one that was an RS gold edition which was turbo awd)
                Last edited by Gimpin; 04-04-2005, 11:43 AM.

Comment

hey this is kinda but does the dsm manifold bolt to our cars or do you have to redrill the wholes and how hard is it

Comment

Originally posted by 92EXProject
                    hey this is kinda but does the dsm manifold bolt to our cars or do you have to redrill the wholes and how hard is it

you have to redrill

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

yah. its not THAT hard. it can be trickey if you dont have the right tools, Cast iron isnt exactly easy to drill :/

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

not all rs lasers are turbo guy my rs wasnt but the rest of the info is correct and if anybodys interested my sister will be selling her 92 talon tsi with the jdm red top motor and cyclone intake in it.5 speed front wheel drive.you can see pics at our website below.
                        im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                        93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                        90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                        91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                        92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                        93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                        92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                        93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                        92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Working...
                        X