Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo oil & coolant plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sordz View Post

If there is a special turbo oil cooler I would like to see it, my search showed nothing.

Posting from phone

Not only option, can build your own system

http://www.nengun.com/hks/oil-cooler-kit-type-s

Quick link to illustrate what I'm talking about
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Good idea, thats a nice turbo but I bet you will be around 400whp with only 10psi and you could find a much better sized turbo for your goal.

Good luck with the build, im waiting to see pictures!
      Thank you and I will see what I can trade it for.

I'm not really computer savvy but I still need to create an MRT.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
        Posting from phone

Not only option, can build your own system

http://www.nengun.com/hks/oil-cooler-kit-type-s

Quick link to illustrate what I'm talking about
        Oh I misunderstood, I know what a oil cooler is. I thought we were talking about something mounted between the turbo oil drain and the oil pan.

Comment

Oh I misunderstood, I know what a oil cooler is. I thought we were talking about something mounted between the turbo oil drain and the oil pan.
          Thats what I thought too.

Toycar, I know your posting from a phone which is a pain but when you get time I would like to hear more from you on your idea.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
            As for the oil feed and drain I have found most people drain into the oil pan. I have also found that some people get their oil source from an oil filter sandwich adapter.

Is there a better source for the turbo oil feed? Any thoughts on this?
            I'm not a big fan of the sanwich plate. Most of them let unfiltered oil thru it. I opted for a 1/8 npt an fitting. Il get a pic tomorrow when I do my oil change. The turbo line will hook right to it and on the side of it it has a npt thread on the side aswell so you can mount your switch. I put a T there and mounted my stock switch and a digital switch to make sure I'm getting the right pressure
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

Yeah guys looking at the link that's not what I was talking about really. Not exactly anyways. The tank itself. Not the entire system. An inline tank of the right size would not create restriction and would still gravity feed to the pan as long as it was located in the right position.

I have never had an issue running one once it was dialed in correctly with a proper restrictor(since its too big generally it allows too much flow)

If it was too small, I totally see how it could cause an issue with your seals
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

here is the link to what i got

NPT AN FITTING
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

So thats what the oil pressure feed has evolved to eh? Not bad.

I remember crafting them out of plumbing parts at the hardware store. For the price though, why not buy something like that?

Oil pressure switch has always been the better location to tap the oil from. If you think about it, the sensor is reading after the oil feed for the turbo. Its not like it would be an exact perfect measure for the oil going to your turbo, but, it would most likely flicker on the dash if your pressure was low-and thats nice.

Comment

I have a shop owner wanting to trade my turbo straight across for any one of the following.

All are Turbonetics.

T3/T4E 50 trim .63

T3/T4E 50 trim .48

T3/T4E 60 trim .63

T3/T4 60-1 .63

T3/T4 62-1 .63

He also has a Precision 5431E with a .63 A/R

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
                      I have a shop owner wanting to trade my turbo straight across for any one of the following.

All are Turbonetics.

T3/T4E 50 trim .63

T3/T4E 50 trim .48

T3/T4E 60 trim .63

T3/T4 60-1 .63

T3/T4 62-1 .63

He also has a Precision 5431E with a .63 A/R

Either 50 trim is going to be a better turbo for your goals vs what you have. I personally would go for the .63 50trim so you don't have to run as much pressure to flow the same air.

Comment

Working...
                      X