Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo build in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo build in progress

whats up guys its been ahwile since ive gotten on here and updated some things i dont have a personal computer
    as of now i am resourcing parts for a turbo build, my f22 has 150k on it and piston rings are shot.
    I am new to the turbo game, but i do have the skills to do and intall it i would like some guidance on what size turbo to run, and how high i would be able to rev this motor im putting together.
    parts list so far:
    F20b3 block (together with all new oem pistons,waterpump etc.)
    F22a head (on my car now)
    h23 IM with IAB spacers (on car)
    OBX ramhorn style turbo manifold

Parts list that I plan to buy not in any particular order:
    KZS balance shaft eliminator
    Underdrive pulley
    lightweight flywheel
    typical universal turbo parts
    2.5" charge piping
    3" exhaust piping
    bisi lvl 1.2 turbo cam
    bisi valve springs
    Neptune

Goal is to take the 2 liter block to high RPMS and have boost while up there, so a slow spooling turbo maybe? 10psi is what Id like to stay at no more no less but i want to know what trim turbo would suffice. i was thinking 57 trim but i need some pro advice from people who KNOW what theyre doing. and if i am going in the right direction
    -Tyler

If you plan on doing all that work... Why cheap out on internals?

Comment

What are you using the car for? And how high do you plan on revving it? That cam can support up to 8k rpms. The crank is pretty much bulletproof. Rods and pistons should be aftermarket.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        What are you using the car for? And how high do you plan on revving it? That cam can support up to 8k rpms. The crank is pretty much bulletproof. Rods and pistons should be aftermarket.
        Using it for weekend fun/cruiser maybe to drive to work every now and then i live in a small country town.

I have read on multiple occasions that stock internals will hold fine below 12lb of boost i am not too worried about pistons and rods.

how high? probably 8000-7800 rev limit

the block, however, is already put together I bought it that way from the machine shop. F20B3 out of a CD accord with all honda internals pistons bearings etc. its waiting for a head to be put on.
        -Tyler

Comment

Is this close to what you are looking for?
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=141990

Also you'll want to look on the larger side of the A/R if you are looking for power later in the rpm's
          Last edited by sonikaccord; 10-30-2013, 12:49 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

if your doing bisi springs definitely buy the retainers as well. The stock retainers will fail with the increased seating stress of the springs.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

get the high revs out of your mind on boost/stock internals.

Comment

gotcha thanks for the info guys

after more research i am not going bisi 1.2 turbo cam instead a delta 272
                looking at a gt30 or gt35 turbo
                not so into revving high i do not want to run into valve float and/or slung rod
                figured out f20b3 stock pistons are 9:1 awesome idk if they are overbored as i did not take this block to the machine shop i bought it from someone who did but doesnt have the info on it
                -Tyler

Comment

There should be a stamp on the face of the piston like ".5" if its overbored.

Comment

Working...
                  X