Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Holset HX35W Genuine or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holset HX35W Genuine or Fake?

Is this a genuine holset turbocharger? Im having some doubts but wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holset-HX35W...e0ec28&vxp=mtr

well you can see the serial number on the first picture. Call holset tell them whats up and you want to verify the serial number. other than that i dont know. looks legit since the names cast into the compressor housing and the id tag's riveted to it.. and google any other numbers like that solenoid's part # if it doesn't jive then its probably counterfeit

Comment

Yea I actually already tried looking up the serial/part/assembly number on the site and had no results. I'll just call tomorrow and talk to someone. Thanks.

Comment

http://www.myholsetturbo.com/identify.html

Pretty solid link

Yeah that is a holset turbo

I would find a non-divided turbine housing, 8 blade holset hx35 if it were me.

That turbine housing isn't really able to push that compressor to its limit. The non-divided housing can. The 8 blade wheel spins better. You can find this turbo in the 95-98 Cummings pickup. The 99-02 has the divided housing and 7blade wheel.

How much power are you trying to make? That could affect the decision making process as well. This might be too much turbo for you. What are your goals?
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Ok cool thanks!!! I was actually hoping you would chime in. I'm looking for a daily driver to replace this car. As far as power goals, I don't really have one. I would like to make atleast 300whp/250+wtq but I plan on making this an ongoing build so the sky is the limit honestly. Most importantly my goal is to have a fast, efficient, reliable turbocharged cb7.
          Last edited by TuneAccordingly; 01-30-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

For those kinds of power goals I would consider the hy35. It will be much more fun for those kind of power levels. The hy35 is good for 400+whp

An hx35 isn't really even doing anything yet at 33-34lbs/min, which = about 300whp. That turbo moves 50+lbs/min when pushed into its peak efficiency.

The divided collector turbine housing cannot push that turbo to its limits. The undivided turbine housing can when paired with the 8 blade wheel. But either way, the hx35 series is a bit much for your goals. I would go with an hy35 myself if I was shooting for that kind of power range.
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Thanks I'll look into that!

Comment

Working...
              X