Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 turbo build from the bottom to the top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will do.

unfortunately a phone call to the machine shop revealed more bad news. they told me my rockers and cams are no good from excessive wear! wtf. i cant make any head way on this build.
    this wouldnt be such a problem if i could find the damn things anywhere.
    so now, not only can i not source a crank but throw rockers in the mix and i feel like jus setting fire to the whole project.

the ferra RR seem to be the only option, but at $1100 they are hardly feasible.
    majestic honda says there discontiuned
    endyn no longer makes there option

anybody got anything? any advice?

Comment

find another junk head and steal the rockers from them.
      www.850fab.com
      IG - @850Fab
      FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
        find another junk head and steal the rockers from them.
        x2

Or just buy another cylinder head thats complete and ready for a rebuild and do the rebuild.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I found a kid that's got a h22 in pieces that he will sell for 200 bucks. He was being a real douche on the phone on what all he actually had and said " what ever is here is here man take it or leave it" so I'm gonna meet with him tomorrow.
          Could I be lucky enough to score a crank and rockers out of this deal..... Anything y'all can think of to be on the look out for?
          I know to check the year of the block which will tell me if the crank will fit or not and from what I understand the valve train is the same on all the h22's.
          How much wear is acceptable on the rockers? I'll check my factory manual tomorrow ahead of time but if u guys have had any experience with how to measure the wear on the pads I'm all ears.
          Wish me luck

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
            I found a kid that's got a h22 in pieces that he will sell for 200 bucks. He was being a real douche on the phone on what all he actually had and said " what ever is here is here man take it or leave it" so I'm gonna meet with him tomorrow.
            Could I be lucky enough to score a crank and rockers out of this deal..... Anything y'all can think of to be on the look out for?
            I know to check the year of the block which will tell me if the crank will fit or not and from what I understand the valve train is the same on all the h22's.
            How much wear is acceptable on the rockers? I'll check my factory manual tomorrow ahead of time but if u guys have had any experience with how to measure the wear on the pads I'm all ears.
            Wish me luck
            When your looking at the block just because it's a h22a4 doesn't mean it doesn't have the right size journals on the crank . The first run of h22a4's (97 cast # 1) had the same size journals as the h22a h22a1 . I have a h22a1 and a h22a4 they both have the 50 mm journals on the crank(same size as the f22 h23). Other then bringing calipers and measuring i'm not sure how to measure wear on the pads.
            CB7TUNER.com
            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Damn wish u woulda replied sooner. I was half way to meet up with the kid and he sent me a pic and I noticed it was an open deck block so I automatically assumed 55mm mains and I turned around. Chet!

Comment

little bits here and there happening. still doing everything else to get the car ready for the motor before i start on the motor.
                new gas tank with AEM 320lph fuel pump installed.
                cleaned and flushed fuel line.
                access panel for fuel pump cut out(cut my fuel line cause i was rushing)
                cleaned and painted engine bay black
                started passenger side wire tuck
                stripped, polised and painted my all white rims
                cleaned up the rust in the rain channels and painted the roof
                ran zero gauge wire from trunk to distribution block in engine bay for battery
                installed coilovers,
                installed new powerstop rotors and ebc pads

placed order for:
                cams
                cam gears
                fuel rail and FPR
                injectors
                pistons and rods
                turbo
                manifold/downpipe
                wastegate
                BOV
                radiator
                FMIC
                clutch
                full exhaust
                map sensor
                wideband o2
                blue printed crank shaft and acl bearing!!!!!

should be a few weeks for some of the parts to show up the hard part is done (hitting the purchase button when i saw the price)

ill post some pics when i get home in a few days. didnt have time to stop and admire the work , it was all go go go. there just doent seem to be enough hours in the day during a project like this.

things im gonna work on while waiting on the parts to show up are:

my kazein Balance shaft elimintor kit, i got a new oil pump in the other day and attempted to install the plugs but the one that goes in underneath that cover they supply is to small..... is it cause there is supposed to be a bearing in there? thats what it looks like on my old pump. like a paper thin sleeve in the opening. ill call them when i get time.

i wanna delete my black box since my new map sensor is the one that goes onto the TB. i think i have the wiring figured from a post Ghost did on another site. ill pull that charcoal canister while im at it and then make up a block off plate for that egr valve i guess. im sure i can fab one out of a piece of aluminum. other then tuning the ECU not to look for the egr is there anything to consider?

been looking into this whole, gutting and adding plates business on the IM
                found a couple of DIY, kinda vague but i think i get the idea. i just don't know where im gonna get this extra plate from. the one off my f22 wont work will it? and i guess ill need a second gasket for this second plate huh?

which brings me too my gasket set i bought, its a complete set from DNJ. so i was gonna use the head gasket it came with. i wasn't thinking when i bout it. i know i wanted to use an oem head gasket but this isn't the oem replacement. the oem replacement kit was more expensive (naturally) but wasn't thing about that until now and i jus saw drummersteves post about a shit head gasket he had. should i be fear full of my DNJ HG?

Comment

This ones for u toy

Got the new battery tray all finished

Comment

Why drop the compression at all?....

Set up looks modest enough, good for 400-500. Still don't get dropping the compression. This is similar enough although more docille then my boosted set up, but still promising, looking forward to it.

Comment

i think 9:1 is still conservative enough to maintain torque when out of boost but yet gives me more room for error as far as detonation goes.

Got the battery mounted and in place to free up room for the IC pipng. went with the side posts and will make covers for the top post that way i dont have to worry about anything touching them

engine bay detailed and painted and patiently waiting for a motor

cleaned and painted the block in order to keep that ugly oxidation at bay
                      Last edited by kratemertyl; 05-22-2014, 03:50 AM.

Comment

very nice, good job.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

My wife keeps tellin me about all the boxes that are showing up.... I can't wait to get home and see what all has arrived. Maybe I'll be home in a week or so and I can post some pics. The anticipation is killin me

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                            My wife keeps tellin me about all the boxes that are showing up.... I can't wait to get home and see what all has arrived. Maybe I'll be home in a week or so and I can post some pics. The anticipation is killin me
                            It's better than christmas and your birthday combined when your parts start showing up at yuour door
                            CB7TUNER.com
                            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Yea that's what it feels like, only problem is I been away from home for a month and I'm sure my hunny do list will keep me busy

Comment

so its lookin like i may be up shits creek again.
                                im not gonna start freakin out yet but im starting to get worried

as u may remember i was having a hell of a time locating a crankshaft.
                                well i finally cam across one at graveyardmotorsports.com
                                there big into the dsm scene but lately have expanded into the whole import community.
                                i tried contacting them by email but without hearing from them after two weeks i called them up. they answered right away and "Jeff " was a very nice and knowledgeable guy.
                                they told me they had a like new crankshaft sitting on the self and it jus needed to be polished up. they even included bearings at no extra cost ( that should have been a giveaway, nothing is free these days)
                                he charged me $460 and told me it should ship within a week.

that was 6 weeks ago.
                                i have been blowin up there phone, email, facebook for a week with no repose.
                                i decided to do what i should have done before i ordered from a company i never heard of and did a lil google search of there name.
                                it seems like the internet is full of nothing but bad things to say about these guys............
                                so not only am i possible out almost 500 bucks but now i have to start this hole crankshaft journey over again.

this blows

Comment

Working...
                                X