Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Unkown turbo help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unkown turbo help?

what is this turbo its in a saab 9000 not sure of the year. i found it at the yard with the front radiator supports tore out so its easly acessable. Im not sure is this a workable turbo for the dsm setup? Is it like the 14b or t25? Help me out here cause theres one avalabe to me if it will work

If i had to guess i would say its an older saab very boxy body from what i saw.
    Last edited by lowcord; 04-15-2005, 08:13 AM.

were does the tdo4 rank along with the 14b and exc.. is it smaller than the 14b??

Comment

look at the flange...it looks like a t3 flange to me. i think it might be something similar to what the nissan 300z came with. pretty small lokin turbo tho.
      Last edited by Vettekillacb7; 04-15-2005, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        the t25 and t3 are the same LOOKING flange, but have different bolt patterns, the t3 is spread a bit more i believe, not a lot, but not the same.....they DO look the same........the first gen 300zx turbo uses a t3, and i'm not exactly sure what the twin turbo setup utilizes.....either twin t3's or maybe something else, i can't remember, seems like it's something else though
        i know they use t3's...just looks a little longer to me

Comment

im pretty sure the 9000 came with a T3 as did most saabs. from what iv hear, though not confermed, a t3 flange can bolt to the dsm manifold if you drill or move an extra hole or something like that.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

looks like a t3 .42/.48 to me

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              well the t25 and t3 are similar in design, and flange size, but they aren't compatible at all.......you said it looks like a t3 flange.....well, a t25 would look like a t3 flange....that really means nothing, 2 completely different things

the t3 flange is rectangular, i have a t3t4 on my car and im lookin at my old 2g man right now...its almost a square. n the t25 flange has the skinniest part of the flange (which isnt much skinnier at all) pointing outward. Im pretty sure its a t3.

Comment

Working...
              X