Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

front mount in da way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front mount in da way

ok.. i ask about running the DSM manifold and it works with some minor modification ..
    it interfers with the front engine mount.
    since this mount has to be removed how bad off with the motor be hence.
    movement/roll play ect
    how can i reinforce the other 3 relatively cheaply or any other options u guys have

Praise The Lowered...

you can always but a SFP manifold..they make 'em especially for the F series motor..about $450 (mild steel) and $650 (ceramic coated)
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

will it solve the problem of having to remove the engine mount?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

well, when i spoke to SFP, they never mentioned anything about having to remove the front engine mount. give 'em a call just to make sure. if you go with the dsm manifold, use a heavy duty strap to tie the block to the front mounting bracket. a fellow cb7 driver with a turbo F22B2 did that and hasn't given him any problems.
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Or you could just make an adapter to retain your stock manifold, just like the Civic guys do...that's the route I'll be taking.

Comment

You could use the SFP manifold it's a really nice product or use the 4th gen Preludes front crossmember and front engine mount. That would solve your problem.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

BAH.
              BUSTED U OWN.
              92-96 prelude? cross mem and mount?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                BAH.
                BUSTED U OWN.
                92-96 prelude? cross mem and mount?
                Yep and don't forget the bracket that goes on the engine. You can buy it new from the dealer for like $25 because sometimes they don't like removing it from the engine.

Comment

how does the prelude cross member and motor mount move out of the way of the turbo manifold?
                  just wondering how exactly this works..
                  i understand the concept but curious is all
                  thanks alot busted u have been a big help in this

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Well it doesn't come up like a dog bone. It's like the rear mount but in front. It sits at the base on the front crossmember so you have the room for the Turbo's compressor housing.

Comment

i forgot who, but someone did use a mazda frount engine mount. but yea, the preludes work too i hear.
                      91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
                      Generic Mugen Lip
                      Generic Intake
                      EX 4-2-1 Header
                      Dynomax Muffler
                      Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
                      ST Rear Sway Bar
                      17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

grab the front mount from a 80's toyota, and shorten it a bit.
                        i made it grab onto the bottom bolt hole. works great, its urethane, and cost 4 bux!

Comment

does the front motor mount have to be removed with the DSM turbo setup

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
                          tranny (no grinds)
                          ECU
                          DC header w/ heat wrap
                          full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
                          $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by too.slow.CB7
                            does the front motor mount have to be removed with the DSM turbo setup
                            busted just said to use the 92-96 lude cross memeber and mount.......if you dont then yes, you have to remove it.
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

word, get more pics of that toyota mount along with info, and pics of the prelude cross memebr and mount needed!

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X