Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

injecters and ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya thanks guys ive always felt that way that it has to be done by yourself to be anygood. Im a motorhead but the whole import thing is new to me im more of an Old V8 carb guy. But as long as its an engine propelling something Im in there doing what i can to it. The whole computer thing is something im just getting into and learning. Just expanding my horizions into the new technology. Its amazing the power you can make with a computer and a four........Ive fallen in love with imports specially hondas and my CB7. Im not a ricer and dont like fartcan exaust, or tons of excess stuff. A powerfull car that handels well and is comfy and finally a moderate not severe sound system because i rather listen to the engine.

Comment

u seemed to have learned ur lesson. I guess the only i'll say is ask the ppl that told u chipped ecu's were unreliable and the tunability wasn't to great to tell u why its not reliable and how they are hard to tune. Ask for specifics...cause they make it seem like i'll walk out to my car and it won't start anymore one day.
      As for the basemap debate...just be glad ur shit even starts.
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
        As for the basemap debate...just be glad ur shit even starts.
        what do u mean by that?
        I hate thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by iamanonymous
          what do u mean by that?
          what i mean is after i got my turbo setup working i had to figure out the ecu and where to start. Switching from map to map to map just trying to get the car to even start up and hold an idle for more than 2 seconds. 2 weeks of that shit...be grateful
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
            what i mean is after i got my turbo setup working i had to figure out the ecu and where to start. Switching from map to map to map just trying to get the car to even start up and hold an idle for more than 2 seconds. 2 weeks of that shit...be grateful
            yeah, I read your chipped ecu journal. That sucks. but u bet you learned a lot from it. sorry for getting heated with mick, I wasn't feeling too good last night, and he started up, or I did, and went from there. Yeah, my lesson, don't run SOHC maps on DOHC. Iam, thanks for the map, I understand why you made it rich, I was just saying it runned rich so you need to tune it out.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

all hail antoine! he has made our lives so much better and shall be crowned king of uberdata!
              he'll hate that........
              I hate thieves!

Comment

dsm 450 cc fuel injectors

ok guys I am new here so riddle me this. does anyone have any pics of dsm tubo 450cc injectors because the regular 2.0L ones are a 16ohm injector where as the 2.0L turbo ones are only 3 ohms which everyone here knows i am sure. the reason I ask for pics is because I need to know if there is a stock part number on them or distinctive marking on them that will distinguish them from other injectors the reason i ask this is because the shop I work at has a good relationship with a local boneyard that just takes all the injectors out of all the vehicles and tosses them in core bin but the other day the guys at the boneyard told me they will let me run loose in there and get any injectors I wanted so if anyone knows how to tell other that ohmage I can get them pretty much free or at least dirt cheap and hook myself up and some of you as well for a good price so let me know any pics that are detailed or really close up of the injectors would be great. and just as a side note to this boring, long and *** post I can make urethane motor mounts for anyone for the price of urethane materials and shipping and a couple bucks for making them which is realitivly cheap. let me know as well as any pics of injectors would be a great help to me and others on this forum for cheap dsm 450 cc injectors. can im at msn messenger dubbbya@hotmail.com. i am mechanic for 3 years and learing but can answer some questions and am willing to help out with questions.

Comment

Working...
                X