Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Compression Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression Test Results

hey ppl me and my friend compression tested my car today. 180 psi in each cylinder. is that good bad or evil? i understand its good that they are all the same but i dont know if 180 is good or to high . input pls?
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know the answer. But I know it's posted in here somewhere. I think 180 is perfectly fine. Do a search, you should findi it
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I did some searching myself, looks like 180 is alright. A lot of people had number like 190-205, so I guess 180 is good. Just replace the spark plug seals.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yeah cuz there was a lil bit of oil on them because i need a new valve cover gasket. hmm i might need new spark plugs too. so im good to boost?
        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

sounds like it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...mpression+test
          Read what Midniteracerx has to say in that thread. You should do those things, although it's not necessary. If your gonna boost, your gonna need new spark plugs anyways. 1 or 2 steps colder.
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i think 1 dergee colder should do it? ngk?
            h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
            New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

yeap 1 degree colder will be fine... iridium part# is 6441 at Oreillys

Originally posted by prodigymb
              i think 1 dergee colder should do it? ngk?

Comment

want a ecu or not?
                [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

yeah i guess i do want an ecu. btw i did a compression test again with a proffesional tester and not a pep boys one and it was much lower it was 150 in all 4 cylinders instead of 180. i told my mecahnic about 180 and he was like seems a little to high, and he said it was prolly the guage we used b4, he said it should be around 155-160 and i do the test again what do u know 150 in all 4.
                  h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                  New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Working...
                  X