Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Budget Turbo 92 DX is officially underway! Here's my progress thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips of advice and repremanding...
    1. have u learned nothing from my tuning threads!?!?! narrowband A/F gauges do nothing...period lol.

2. 1G dsm bov is fine, save the money u would have spent on the aftermarket bov and put that towards a rebuilt turbo. The cheaper u buy a turbo the more likely its gonna be that it needs a rebuild. Atleast pay $100 for a recently rebuilt one cause if it blows and sends a crap load of oil into ur charge pipes it'll be just like hydro locking cause oil can't be compressed just like water (correct me if i'm wrong).

3. Your going to need a clutch no matter how safe u drive it. If u never boost then u'll be ok tho . Every single one of us needed a new clutch when we went turbo...no exceptions .

4. Strip it buck naked !!!
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
      Tips of advice and repremanding...
      1. have u learned nothing from my tuning threads!?!?! narrowband A/F gauges do nothing...period lol.

2. 1G dsm bov is fine, save the money u would have spent on the aftermarket bov and put that towards a rebuilt turbo. The cheaper u buy a turbo the more likely its gonna be that it needs a rebuild. Atleast pay $100 for a recently rebuilt one cause if it blows and sends a crap load of oil into ur charge pipes it'll be just like hydro locking cause oil can't be compressed just like water (correct me if i'm wrong).

3. Your going to need a clutch no matter how safe u drive it. If u never boost then u'll be ok tho . Every single one of us needed a new clutch when we went turbo...no exceptions .

4. Strip it buck naked !!!
      Thanks Antoine!

I completely forgot about your A/F story. Thanks for the reminder!

The DSM BOV I can get is $50. The aftermarket one is $65 and brand new... That's really the only reason why I'm leaning towards the aftermarket!

I've been looking into rebuilding a turbo myself, possibly. Kits are $100 alone though, so I would need to find a cheap-o turbo in need of a rebuild! Anyone have a crappy14b to give me?

As for the clutch... I'm thinking about going with a gripforce or something cheap from ebay. We'll see what happens there! I just wish I had a driveway...

Comment

yeah i plan on rebuilding any turbo i buy... cuz you never know what the person was doing with that turbo before they gave it to you

Comment

i told u i had a turbo for 100 shipped, it hasn;t been rebuilt but as little or no shaft play. I already have a different turbo, which i can;t state right now until the engine work is done. But it is gonn abe on e mean engine when its done, i am looking to puck 300 to 400 hp. But PM me if u are interested, i already sent u pics, its in really good shape, and needs a home bad!

Comment

100 shipped is a little high for what I'm looking for, unless it's been rebuilt (a rebuild is another $100, and $200 is too much for even a rebuilt 14b! That's too small a turbo to put that kinda money into!)

If I get a turbo that could use a rebuild, I'm looking to spend about $30.

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
              Well, the OEM Exedy is a direct replacement for the Honda OEM clutch...the Stage 1 has a better organic disc and stronger pressure plate...apparently they can hold up to 300hp...
              I have exedy stage one clutch. They are suppose to hold about 186 crank hp, so he will burn that up in a second. Whoever told you they hold 300hp lied, sorry.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                I have exedy stage one clutch. They are suppose to hold about 186 crank hp, so he will burn that up in a second. Whoever told you they hold 300hp lied, sorry.
                As do I. No one told me that, it was what I read in an eBay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Comment

i am interested in who is right in this argument cuz thats the exact clutch i have...

Comment

I doubt very much that it can only hold 186 crank HP because the same clutch (same part number) is used in the H22 and it has more than 186 crank HP. Not to mention that would only be equal to the OEM clutch...not 30% more holding power as Exedy claims...
                    Last edited by WeDgE; 05-14-2005, 07:13 PM.

Comment

my stock one is holding 195whp pretty damn good for being stock...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by repherence1
                        he's probably going to run a p06 with uberdata
                        p06 is what I meant...don't know what I was smoking .

Any updates?
                        No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Nothing yet, aside from the intercooler... I have a potential source for injectors, and I have a couple buddies looking for turbos for me. Looking good, but nothing for certain yet!

Comment

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/sale...ls/Clutch_Kits

That's where I got my clutch from. %36 torque capacity over stock. Assuming you have a 145hp motor, that gives you 197.2 to the crank.

Quote from their site:

Honda Accord (90-97) 2.2L F22, 36% Torque Capacity Increase
                            Single Plate - Organic Clutch Kits 08805
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                              http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/sale...ls/Clutch_Kits

That's where I got my clutch from. %36 torque capacity over stock. Assuming you have a 145hp motor, that gives you 197.2 to the crank.

Quote from their site:

Honda Accord (90-97) 2.2L F22, 36% Torque Capacity Increase
                              Single Plate - Organic Clutch Kits 08805

Ehhh, torque is different than horsepower. And you really think the stock clutch only holds 145 crank hp? LMAO...

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
                                Ehhh, torque is different than horsepower. And you really think the stock clutch only holds 145 crank hp? LMAO...
                                never said that. Read my post, I am using the motors numbers. Don't be mad cause I'm backing my side of the story.
                                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X