Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

t-25 or t-28?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t-25 or t-28?

alright guys, i just sold my t-25 and i am in themarket for anew turbo, a friend of myne is selling a t-28 totally rebuilt for $100, is there much of a diffeerence between the t-25 and the t-28? i don;t think there is, and is it worth jumping into or waiting for sumthing bigger?

the flange is different

Comment

Is it a ball bearing turbo? My friends 240sx had a t-25 on it and then he upgraded to a t-28 ball bearing turbo and he said he felt a difference. $100 bucks doesn't sound that bad for a rebuilt t-28 turbo.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

little tid bit of info

T28 = T25 compressor housing + T3 exhaust housing

meaning it has a greater boost threshold higher in the rpms...and uh...in other words it doesn't die out like the T25 but i don't think the gains would be terribly significant enough unless it was ported, had ball bearings, and had a different wheel design. But thats just my opinion.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i think i am gonna go with it, since it is soo eay to upgrade and is mucher newer than the t-25, but whatever

Comment

If you are dead set on it go for it, but if you're looking for someting different, let me know as I can get ANY turbo for a reasonable price as my bro in law builds turbos for aliving. Hes a machinist by trade but has wound up building turbos now for a living. He builds EVERY turbo 3sxperformance.com sells. Let me know if I can help.
            I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

Working...
            X