Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

k.. got some questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k.. got some questions...

ok, i have delt with turbos b4 so i only have a couple questions b4 i start... i had a civic with a D15b7 on 6psi so i know how much a weak engine can handle... but i was wondering, i am seriously considering boosting my accord.. but i am afraid of checking my compression, so lemme know this... how many of u drive ur cars hard daily (b4 the install) and u showed good compression but u were still burning a quart of oil every lets say 1000 miles.. cause that is about what mine is and usually it is a quart about 1,200-2000 miles... so i am wondering if i am going to be happy with the compression results.. and just out of curiosity, how many of u had a shitty compression test, but said screw it and did turbo anyways and it runs fine???

k, for fuel mangment i was thinking of a newe fuel pump (OEM but new, never know how shitty a 15 year old fuel pump can be) and also just stepping up to the DSM injectors (450cc?) but see then i will have a problem withn idle and fuel cut hah.... so maybe a FMU with a 12:1 disc?? i only wanna run 5psi, and i know ur saying why only 5? well ill tell you... my parents paid for this motor (f22a4) (80k right now on it).... and i want a little popwer, something to give me the power of a stock H22, like 150ish h.p. to the ground, but see then i wont have any lag oso itll be all good.... so ya, just some more power, (im still barely getting beat by newer RS camaro`s with the V-6) just enough to beat them.. so ya, a little power and make myself happy.... so ya FMU u think or new fuel pump and bigger injectors???? remember only 5psi...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

just a lil help...

Comment

If you only want 150whp, you could just do a cam and I/H/E, and maybe if you really want quick spurt of power a shot of nos! But If youre engine only has 80k I am sure you can safely run 5-10psi just dont race everything on the road, am I right? I have 300000kms on mine and its still runs great, you should get a compression test done before anyhow, itll give you peace of mind!

WaC!

Comment

true... thnx for the help....

Comment

When running an FMU, you need a bigger pump. WHY? An FMU raises fuel pressure with boost. A 12:1 FMU @ 5psi will still generate enough pressure to starve the stock pump. I would consider a 255lph walbro. they are cheap, and good insurance if for some reason boost spikes and tries to lean it out.

Don't worry about burning oil, just keep up with it. I had the same problem and ended up replaceing valve seals and it fixed teh problem. So there is a chance that the compression isn't a factor......probably true considering you have an 80k motor.....mine was 210k!!
          ...constantly constructing

Comment

Working...
          X