Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

suffering from boost creep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suffering from boost creep

I have boost creep it cuts in at 3rd gear its becoming a real pain in the ass. Can anyone of you boosters tall me what should i start to look for? I keep spiking a good 105-10 psi of what good thing my boost option cuts it before it does any damage.

External wastegate...

Thought you knew all about turboing? You should know how to battle boost creep...

Comment

could be lots of things...a leak in you vacuum line. a crack in your turbo, or a hole in you exhaust. or a problem with your wastegate. Creep is fairly difficult to diagnose

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
        External wastegate...

Thought you knew all about turboing? You should know how to battle boost creep...
        yo dont be raggin on my boy, you wish you were half the turbo man he is. you have no idea!
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

www.dsmtuners.com , these guys always deal with boost creep~

WaC!

Comment

lmao, my boy with 92 laser rs with a 16g loves the boost creeep.lmao
            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
              yo dont be raggin on my boy, you wish you were half the turbo man he is. you have no idea!
              Yeahhhhhhhhh...

Comment

Whats the current wastegate setup look like? Is it an external or internal, what size is the valve, and is it open dump tube or is it being routed back into the exhaust piping?
                From what little i know of your setup a 38mm external wastegate probably wouldn't work. You'd need something more into the 40-44mm size.
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Yeah its already fixed i know about boost creep im just tryin to make sure. There was no vacuum leak thankyou very much. And yes I am the very epitimy of turbo you see its liek this when your pushing alot of power that the car wasnt made for shit happens and is slightly harder to diagnose yaknow.Its just a plain open jump btw i like things simple when it comes to shit like this

Comment

so are you gonna tell us what the problem is in case someone else has the same problem in the future?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Well i rechecked the wastegate for one the top portion of it the screw on top was loose i torqued it back down then i checked all my hoses. My hoses where in good shape no leaks. So then i said fuck it and looked around the manifold no cracks or anything i made sure that all the bolts where tightend down.

Then i decided to take the wastegate off there was carbon build up which didnt allow it to close causing the spring inside to jam overtime. Just be sure to check everyone. Mine is an external tial 38mm wastegate its not internal like the turbos that come with internal wastegates. BUt it doesnt hurt to check

Comment

Working...
                      X