Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Trouble with the turbo setup... totally stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with the turbo setup... totally stumped

I don't even know where to begin with this. I got the car to run, but it runs like ass. It will start up and idle alright with some fluctuations. Whenever I try to press on the gas the rpm's go down instead of up and whenever I let off of it they jump back up a bit. Todd (iamanonymous) came over and looked at it with me and we tried everything we could think of. We checked the plugs, fuel pump, injectors, ecu, and all the vacuum connections. My turbo should be good since it has only 5k miles on it and sounds pretty good. The car just idles really rough. It was throwing a CEL so we took out the chip and put it back in and the CEL went off. When the CEL went off my car wouldn't start up anymore. It would still start Todd's car just fine though. This makes absolutely no sense to me Somebody has to have an answer....

what map are you using? And what are the fuel modifiers set too? Sounds like a fuel map problem.
    Bogging down to its death usually means entirely too much fuel. It probably started todds car fine because his cylinders weren't swimming pools.

See if you can pull any codes also.
    p.s. i figured u were just gonna show up out of the blue and be turbo'd lol
    Last edited by MRX; 07-20-2005, 10:57 AM.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

sounds like a bad burn, i had a problem with bad burns a while ago cause i didn't burn my new chips right. try to look at ur map like mrx said and read ur chip with ur burnner to see if it burned correctly.

Suite! now theres 3 turbo cb7s round the dfw area!

Comment

next time hondata and get that shit tuned same happened to me

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          what map are you using? And what are the fuel modifiers set too? Sounds like a fuel map problem.
          Bogging down to its death usually means entirely too much fuel. It probably started todds car fine because his cylinders weren't swimming pools.

See if you can pull any codes also.

p.s. i figured u were just gonna show up out of the blue and be turbo'd lol
          I'm using the old basemap you made for gdout90accord. He said that he added like 5% more fuel to it, but I'm not sure exactly what he did. My 16g fully spools at about 2200 rpm's because of the port so I think I need a much different map. The car was throwing a CEL at first so Todd tried to check the code, but he couldn't do it for some reason. Then after we pulled the chip and put it back in the CEL went away, but my car wouldn't start even though the ecu still started his car. I don't have a chip burner as of now or a way to look at it since John burned it for me so I don't know what to do about the chip.

As for showing up outta the blue, this has been one crazy summer. I pretty much disappeared for the past month so my car had just been sitting. Besides that I didn't want to come on here everyday bugging people even if I did have the time.

Comment

i'm almost certain its got something to do with the map, i'll send you current map with 16g settings. Whats your email? I'll send one to todd too. You said something about a port and polish also?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

The turbo is ported and clipped so it spools really quick. My email is wrasmussen@physics.tamu.edu ... For the way it was running I figured it had to be something big like the map being screwed up because everything else seemed fine.

Comment

k, i'll try to get the map to you today...when would u be able to try it out?

Comment

Antoine's got this shit under control....I think I'll go make some pointless and useless posts somewhere else

Pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it over a few times to get all that damn gas out of the cyls. before trying it again.

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

is the chip in the ecu the right direction? Did you burn it in the right direction? I unno, just a hunch>

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Well I could probably get John to burn it today or tomorrow. I'll make sure to do that with the fuel pump because I know it got flooded out a bit. The chip was in the ecu in the right direction, but I'm not sure if it was when it was burned because I didn't do it. The ecu ran Todd's car pretty well though so I don't really understand it.

Comment

2 maps sent via email

Comment

also pull out the plugs and the sparkplugs in all cylinders and let the gas just evaporate out too just to help

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                            also pull out the plugs and the sparkplugs in all cylinders and let the gas just evaporate out too just to help
                            in addition to that spray them with carb cleaner

Comment

honestly i think you should try to swap injectors. also try disconnecting a plug wire at the distributor cap to see if there's a spark. i dont think there is any way the turbo would make it not start. i should get my burner tomorrow. that is if you need my help...btw im still interested in those seats. carb cleaner may not help since the plugs are brand new.
                              I hate thieves!

Comment

Working...
                              X