Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What clutch?

Hi,my f22b dohc is in the mail, so i was wondering what clutch you turbo guys are using?I'm not looking for something that will hold monster power, i am aiming for 220hp with my turbo setup, so what do you guys think?I found "stage 1" exedy clutch on ebay for 145 shipped.I says it holds 290 hp but i seriously doubt that.Do you think it will hold 220 though?And I order a clutch for an f22a -right?Thank you for any input.

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

I got to play guinea pig for the XTD Stage 1 clutch and 12lb flywheel combo you see on eBay for $270 shipped. So far I'm loving it. Plenty of grip. The flywheel also freed up a nice amount of power (I'd say 10 whp). Definitely recommend it
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
      I got to play guinea pig for the XTD Stage 1 clutch and 12lb flywheel combo you see on eBay for $270 shipped. So far I'm loving it. Plenty of grip. The flywheel also freed up a nice amount of power (I'd say 10 whp). Definitely recommend it
      hmm,i saw the xtd but i thought they were a bullshit company and that those clutches were shit for some reason.i think i might go for that, not for the flywheel though...

ILBB

Edit:

I found the stage 3 xtd 6 puck for 193 shipped.I'm still new at driving stick, is it harder to drive manual with a clutch like that?

ILBB
      Last edited by Ilikebigbutts; 08-11-2005, 01:41 PM.
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

im using the xtd stage 3 6puck clutch on factory fly and it grips pretty good. im probably somwhere in the 200whp range not sure tho cause i haven't dynoed it. but deffinateyl in the 200's on 10 psi for sure.

Comment

The Stage 3 is ceramic, right? Ceramic clutchs are a bit harder to handle than an organic. The Stage 1 is rated for up to 300 hp, and is very easy to use (feels a lot nicer than a stock clutch). I'd personally just go with that
          Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
            The Stage 3 is ceramic, right? Ceramic clutchs are a bit harder to handle than an organic. The Stage 1 is rated for up to 300 hp, and is very easy to use (feels a lot nicer than a stock clutch). I'd personally just go with that
            yes,yes, i just searched on ebay and i found the 12lb flywheel and stage 1 clutch for 229 shipped i'll go with that!!!thanx for the info invadertrax, i would of never found it if it wasn't for you.

And yes,the stage 3 is ceramic, a little over kill for my setup...

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

putting down 205 wtq with my f22b, I have an exedy stage 1, eh, is all I have to say for it now. I loved it when I was NA, thing gripped very nice, but now with a turbo, I noticed a little slip. Carbon Kevlar next summer!
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                putting down 205 wtq with my f22b, I have an exedy stage 1, eh, is all I have to say for it now. I loved it when I was NA, thing gripped very nice, but now with a turbo, I noticed a little slip. Carbon Kevlar next summer!
                yeah,i figured it would slip a litle under boost,it says it can hold up to 290hp,which i think is bullshit for a stage 1

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

i just ordered the exedy stage 1 your talking about, because, well, i'm cheap and my clutch is gone. also stay away from xtd, i searched it on honda-tech, they blow apart after a while.. and i heard those flywheels dont last either. thats why i decided against the stage 2 w/ flywheel for 270 or whatever

Comment

Originally posted by crap
                    i just ordered the exedy stage 1 your talking about, because, well, i'm cheap and my clutch is gone. also stay away from xtd, i searched it on honda-tech, they blow apart after a while.. and i heard those flywheels dont last either. thats why i decided against the stage 2 w/ flywheel for 270 or whatever
                    on another note.. i've had my XTD stage 3 mated to a fidanza 8.5pd flywheel and its been great. took awhile to get used to it, but eventually i stopped stalling out of first
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                      on another note.. i've had my XTD stage 3 mated to a fidanza 8.5pd flywheel and its been great. took awhile to get used to it, but eventually i stopped stalling out of first
                      i stalled out in first today with my stock clutch and flywheel its weird cause i NEVER stall out in reverse,does that have anything to do with the size of the gear or could there be something wrong with my first gear?I mean i don't stall now under normal stop-and-go,i stalled today because i cause on a really steep hill.

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Working...
                      X