Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

boost or vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boost or vtec?

ive got a eg si with a usdm h22a swap sitting in my garage. i barely drive the car. but ive had the car since i was in high school 11 yrs ago. the car was repainted a few years back and has a wings west wide mouth body kit. its absolutly mint and turns a 13.70 et at 100mph. greddy sp exhaust. aem intake ( old school one with the volocity inside the filter) and a dc sports header. 2000 civic si wheels and bilstein shocks and eibach springs. i cant drive the car with my 2 kids because it has no rear seat. hence my cb9. i was thinking of selling it and boosting my cb9. i know alot of you are civic haters but i cant decide if i should sell the car or not. my cb9 has a jdm dohc f22b. should i swap that with an h22a or should i boost the f22b? keep in mind my cb9 is my daily commuter. sorry if this is posted in the wrong section

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
    cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

swap it and boost it i would if i had the motor
    fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

yea, since its gona be ur daily driver, swap that h22 in. then sell the civic shell and buy some cams and a whole head upgrade and u should be set for a great commuter.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Pleaze...Swap the H22...
        Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Pleaze...Swap the H22... Then swap the f22b into the hatch since it's ready to go sell it and spend the money on *drum roll please* A BOOSTED H22a.
          Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

i dont know, but i always hear dont boost stock h22`s, but that could just be what is heard and not true, but if it is indeed true, dont swap and turbo cause then u need to build the motor and such, i would just run a compression check on ur motor, stay up on the maintenance, run a chipped ECU for turbo (duh!) and tune it for 9.5-10psi and only run like8 that way it is rich, do it.. way better than going through the headacke of building a block for boost when it is only a day to day commuter....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

daily driver can be boosted easliy, if you have the WILL to do it...

then again i am a little biased...

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

lol.. hey 91, i do have to say, i am in love with ur cord... later-

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

well, you can swap in the h22 and have a fun daily driver, or you can turbo and have a daily driver that stomps h22s...
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I doubt it will stomp it bro trust me

Comment

^ok. My f22 stomps h22s... so I know first hand. you know I was referring to NA h22s, right?
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Sparkle H22s. As for me, hell yeah the F22 turbo can stomp out a H22. Just need the right mods. As for me stomping on Sparkle's H22...you wait, there is a buildup in the air... .

Comment

hmm...I think boosted f22's are pretty hardcore. Coming from an h22 owner, I still think a boosted f22 is a cheaper way of making more power.
                          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

sell the civic to me

SOLD!

Comment

put the rear seats back in the hatch and keep both

Comment

Working...
                              X