Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Crome ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crome ...

Does anyone here run it? what do you think about it? a new dyno shop just opened in philly and they suggest to reflash my ecu with crome instead of uber, following by tthem dyno tuning it. Should i go for it?
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

they prolly prefer crome as the method of tuning . . . from what i understand they are similar and its just preference for most shops
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

you are right, they are setup for it.
      h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
      New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

yeah, its pretty much the same as uberdata, but theres a better version of crome, called crome pro that u have to buy, and i think the biggest diff is that on crome pro, u can datalog, and u can datalog with uberdata without having to buy anything

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

im running chrome pro and it way better then uberdata less bugs and the designer actually works any problems out and updates the program regularly, awsome features like ftl and fts, cel can be programed as a shift light and a host of other crap program is way more stable
          fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

For some reason my uberdata is stable...
            And uberdata does have the cel shift lights. And I won't doubt that it will soon contain ftl and fts. I'm not up to date on the newest UD, so I don't know what the new additions are.
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

yeah, the creator(s) of uberdata work out bugs all the time, and are updating all the time, thats why there are so many versions of it. and yea, ftl, fts is currently being worked on as i hear on the ubedata website.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ftl and fts have already existed for uber. He's missing the point of how crome actually is better. Saying its more stable is a cop-out.
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

ok i personaly dont do my tuning dave lee from seattle does it he has used both and prefures chrome i have used both and i can say the car runs way better with chrome
                  fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

thats still generalizing....we want specifics.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

if a tuner is skilled in crome, then having them tune in uber will result in a tune that would have been better in crome . . . like I said, its personal preference, they both have pretty much the same features, and in my honest opinion, uber has the leg up because all versions of it are free
                      -Mark-
                      CB7
                      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

thanks for all the input. i guess ill just switch to crome for reasons mentioned above being that specific dyno tuning place deals with crome pro. i'll make a thread some time next week with my 16g at psi and crome.
                        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

My Members Ride !
                        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                          if a tuner is skilled in crome, then having them tune in uber will result in a tune that would have been better in crome
                          i disagree, if the tuner can tune in general and has any sort of intelligence then he can tune crome, uber, hondata, aem, and etc. no matter which one he started on. I didn't have to be taught how to tune hondata. I walked in to a performance shop, they told me to go to the garage where the dyno was and help the tech out. Never touched hondata in my life but within a couple of minutes i had that car running better.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                            i disagree, if the tuner can tune in general and has any sort of intelligence then he can tune crome, uber, hondata, aem, and etc. no matter which one he started on. I didn't have to be taught how to tune hondata. I walked in to a performance shop, they told me to go to the garage where the dyno was and help the tech out. Never touched hondata in my life but within a couple of minutes i had that car running better.

by the way how much did it even really differ tunning wise? i would think it uses the same principles as uber, like timing and fuel values/duty cycles generallly the same digits and system to make a base map?
                            sry just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
                              Does anyone here run it? what do you think about it? a new dyno shop just opened in philly and they suggest to reflash my ecu with crome instead of uber, following by tthem dyno tuning it. Should i go for it?
                              where is this shop at?
                              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                              X